I think there is a lifetime limit and a yearly limit on how many LSATs you can take.

They've imposed a much stricter limit, but I would say anything more than 4 isn't a good idea. Moreover, it also has to do with trends, if you're getting progressively better with each write, that's going to be a good sign. But if you keep getting the same sorta score (155/154/154 for example) and then hit a 160+, i'd probably be questioning which of the numbers is more reflective of your actual performance and which one was an anomaly.

My opinion is that you can take the max allowable and only your highest score will matter (excluding schools that state in their policy that they look at your lower scores too; these are some non-Ontario schools).

So, following Syndicate03's example, 155, 154, 154, 162 means that you have a 162 just as legitimately as a person who got a 162 first try.

A word of warning though: if you are not scoring better than your official score on PrepTests, do not rush your official attempts. You will hit the max and not be able to take another one for a while. Focus your time on studying the LSAT.

Thank you for the input! I'm taking my third LSAT in November and I previously had a 153 and 159. I was just curious if a third write is excessive but I've been scoring mid-160s on my PTs so thought I should just give it a one last try. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dreamchaser said:

Thank you for the input! I'm taking my third LSAT in November and I previously had a 153 and 159. I was just curious if a third write is excessive but I've been scoring mid-160s on my PTs so thought I should just give it a one last try. 

"excessive ?"  You should consider register for Jan too just in case...  

18 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

"excessive ?"  You should consider register for Jan too just in case...  

lol yeah I just had different people telling me different things so it made me wonder if 3-4 writes are too much. You're right! I should have a back up 

3 minutes ago, Dreamchaser said:

lol yeah I just had different people telling me different things so it made me wonder if 3-4 writes are too much. You're right! I should have a back up 

Most law school don't care how many times you wrote.

Assume everything being equal.. 

4 tries -155, 154, 152 and 160 will beat one try 159

All Ontario schools take the highest LSAT.

I thought Queens sorted files based on average  LSAT scores.. but someone said they have changed that practice.

I am not sure but final admission still based on highest LSAT. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1