Posted (edited)

Heard from a friend:

Gowling ITC to 2nd interview (recd last week)

BJ: PFO (recd last week)

SE/Blakes/McCarthy: nothing yet

Edited by criseaster55
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, criseaster55 said:

Heard from a friend:

Gowling ITC to 2nd interview (recd last week)

BJ: PFO (recd last week)

SE/Blakes/McCarthy: nothing yet

I imagine if your friend has yet to hear from the other firms they are likely not receiving a second interview from those firms. From my understanding, firms move quickly in this process.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, PyroJD said:

I imagine if your friend has yet to hear from the other firms they are likely not receiving a second interview from those firms. From my understanding, firms move quickly in this process.  

That's entirely possible...my friend attends school outside AB and their OCI was a week earlier than UofC/UofA, so firms might decide who to invite to second round even before they conduct OCI in UofC/UofA (I believe it was on last Wed/Thu). 

Wondering if anyone from UofC/UofA has heard anything yet...

• Like 1

Thanks for the info. I'm also curious about students in Alberta, hopefully we'll hear something soon in this thread. 

4 hours ago, criseaster55 said:

That's entirely possible...my friend attends school outside AB and their OCI was a week earlier than UofC/UofA, so firms might decide who to invite to second round even before they conduct OCI in UofC/UofA (I believe it was on last Wed/Thu). 

Wondering if anyone from UofC/UofA has heard anything yet...

UofA student here. Can confirm we are well into second interviews.

1 hour ago, mismatchedsocks said:

UofA student here. Can confirm we are well into second interviews.

Ah. Well this makes me sad. Congrats to those who were called. 

15 hours ago, Whosiewhatsie said:

Ah. Well this makes me sad. Congrats to those who were called. 

I'm sorry. Although I have heard that some Edmonton firms are only just calling students for second interviews now.

4 hours ago, mismatchedsocks said:

I'm sorry. Although I have heard that some Edmonton firms are only just calling students for second interviews now.

I can confirm this.

U of A Student here. I was offered four 2nd interviews within the same day of the first interview. It seems as though they do move quite quickly through the process. Yet, it's somehow drawn out over a 3 week period. I've had a couple 3rd interviews at this point

*This is for the Calgary recruit

Edited by FatsDomino
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, FatsDomino said:

U of A Student here. I was offered four 2nd interviews within the same day of the first interview. It seems as though they do move quite quickly through the process. Yet, it's somehow drawn out over a 3 week period. I've had a couple 3rd interviews at this point

It’s probably nicer than doing everything in 2.5 days and cutting firms out that you’d have accepted offers from simply because you don’t have time for them and want other firms more... and then leaving the week with zero offers. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, FatsDomino said:

Thanks for the info! And congrats on all the interviews! 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FatsDomino said:

Would you mind telling me which Calgary firms called you for a second interview? 

anyone received anything from Gowling or BD&P? currently heard noting and finished second round interviews, not sure if they are doing 3rd round ones or not. 

8 hours ago, Whosiewhatsie said:

Would you mind telling me which Calgary firms called you for a second interview? 

McCarthy, Gowling, Dentons, McMillan

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, blow said:

anyone received anything from Gowling or BD&P? currently heard noting and finished second round interviews, not sure if they are doing 3rd round ones or not. 

I had my second with Gowling on Wednesday. One of my interviewers reached out on Thursday and scheduled me in to do virtual coffee with one of the partners for tomorrow and the recruiting chair has contacted me about doing another social. Not sure about BD&P though... I didn't even get a first with them!

18 hours ago, FatsDomino said:

I had my second with Gowling on Wednesday. One of my interviewers reached out on Thursday and scheduled me in to do virtual coffee with one of the partners for tomorrow and the recruiting chair has contacted me about doing another social. Not sure about BD&P though... I didn't even get a first with them!

thanks so much for letting me know! I hadn't heard from gowling so I guess this means im out! thank you!

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, blow said:

thanks so much for letting me know! I hadn't heard from gowling so I guess this means im out! thank you!

Was also really hoping for Gowling, but no call. Oh well, good on us for trying I guess.