nrrrvous

Vancouver Articling Recruit 2021-2022

5 minutes ago, QuincyWagstaff said:

Watson Goepel? If so, they did you a favour. 

Even not knowing anything of that firm, I'd say that behavior shows they did the poster a favour.

Jesus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QuincyWagstaff said:

Watson Goepel? If so, they did you a favour. 

Any chance you'd elaborate? Haha. My classmate made it through the second interview...

• Like 1

Lol too early for sleep yet in BC, but I'm sure I'll struggle when I get there.

I just came to wish everyone good luck tomorrow!

Edited by FortifiedEight
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FortifiedEight said:

Lol too early for sleep yet in BC, but I'm sure I'll struggle when I get there.

I just came to wish everyone good luck tomorrow!

At least there's only 10 more hours! 

• Like 1

As you all know, some firms and organizations are interviewing next week. What happens if we get an offer on offer day, accept it, and wish to change our mind next week? Any ideas/experiences??

Edited by SCOTUS
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SCOTUS said:

As you all know, some firms and organizations are interviewing next week. What happens if we get an offer on offer day, accept it, and wish to change our mind next week? Any ideas/experiences??

From what I keep hearing. It is best practice to decline the offer you receive today and focus entirely on your interview next week.

• Like 2

Got a call and over the moon. Fingers crossed everyone else here that has shared their updates and anxiety alongside me get their preferred firms!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, DoWellAndGood said:

Got a call and over the moon. Fingers crossed everyone else here that has shared their updates and anxiety alongside me get their preferred firms!

Congrats!

Which firm if you don't mind my asking? 

Edited by ArticleSearch92

6 minutes ago, ArticleSearch92 said:

Congrats!

Which firm if you don't mind my asking? 

Not comfortable answering, tbh, but I'm happy to report that I also got two incredibly polite calls from firms advising me I "wasn't up to snuff" so, while I won't give you an answer, hopefully i can give you a laugh lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DoWellAndGood said:

Not comfortable answering, tbh, but I'm happy to report that I also got two incredibly polite calls from firms advising me I "wasn't up to snuff" so, while I won't give you an answer, hopefully i can give you a laugh lol

No worries! just saw that you and I interviewed at a few of the same firms, and I haven't received anything yet from them (email or call). But I completely understand! 

6 minutes ago, ArticleSearch92 said:

No worries! just saw that you and I interviewed at a few of the same firms, and I haven't received anything yet from them (email or call). But I completely understand! 

I'd say keep your fingers crossed. I got a call a couple minutes ago, after I posted, from a firm offering me a position after their top choice apparently declined after waiting to think (which I then declined).

• Like 1

Do we normally get rejection emails/calls after interviews? I assume it's over but, as pathetic as it sounds, it'd be a nice courtesy.

Edited by runofthemill
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, runofthemill said:

Do we normally get rejection emails/calls after interviews? I assume it's over but, as pathetic as it sounds, it'd be a nice courtesy.

I had 6 firm interviews, and 3 offered, 2 confirmed rejected, and one ghosted me since Monday morning haha. So I think it's not some standard process. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, runofthemill said:

I received rejection emails from all but one firm. The firm in question I had 3 interviews with, but was ghosted today, so I guess it's not standard practice. 

• Like 2

I'm surprised to hear about all these rejection emails/calls. I didn't hear a word from the firms that didn't give me an offer in the Toronto recruit and I made it to the final round of interviews with them. I connected with some of their lawyers on LinkedIn afterward who asked me how things turned out, but that was it.

• Like 1