nrrrvous

Vancouver Articling Recruit 2021-2022

11 minutes ago, DoWellAndGood said:

Yeah that questionnaire was either hit or miss for me too hahaha. I appreciated the change of pace, but I'm not sure it worked in my favour. 

I have a weird feeling Segev will call at like 4:30 pm 🤪

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, thecorky1 said:

Has anyone heard from Young Anderson?

Nope. I heard they planned on doing ITCs, but I haven’t heard of anyone who got one 😬

• Thanks 2

That’s probably it for calls. Best of luck to everything in interviews, you’ll all end up somewhere great !!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

That’s probably it for calls. Best of luck to everything in interviews, you’ll all end up somewhere great !!

What makes you say that? Still a number of firms that haven't been reported 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nrrrvous said:

What makes you say that? Still a number of firms that haven't been reported 

I've heard before that calls only happen in the morning, rarely if ever in the afternoon. However, this is the COVID New Normal, so anything is possible.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobby96 said:

Updates on Myers & Co / Lindsay Kenney /  MBM IP?

Got a call from Myers & Co yesterday. Any word from RTG Law?

Edited by PrincessM
Added a sentence
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

But if Segev, Watson, Lindsay Kenney, Thor haven't called at all, I don't know that this is helpful for students still waiting!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, huntingarticles said:

But if Segev, Watson, Lindsay Kenney, Thor haven't called at all, I don't know that this is helpful for students still waiting!

I suppose the expectation is that they simply called people who are not active on this forum, but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

• Like 2

Just now, DoWellAndGood said:

I suppose the expectation is that they simply called people who are not active on this forum, but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

That’s the thought. Looking at last year’s thread, the odds of getting calls this late is approaching zero. Hey, it is Covid and I’d love to be proven wrong, but little justification for firms to wait until the end of the day.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

That’s the thought. Looking at last year’s thread, the odds of getting calls this late is approaching zero. Hey, it is Covid and I’d love to be proven wrong, but little justification for firms to wait until the end of the day.

Fair enough but it is easy for you to say since you've gotten calls. There are others who might have only applied to the 5 firms that no one has heard from. I just think we all need to be understanding that this is a stressful time and not make blanket statements that dishearten a fair few people. 

I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it but just a thought! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, huntingarticles said:

Fair enough but it is easy for you to say since you've gotten calls. There are others who might have only applied to the 5 firms that no one has heard from. I just think we all need to be understanding that this is a stressful time and not make blanket statements that dishearten a fair few people. 

I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it but just a thought! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I’m still waiting on that first call my friend 😂😂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, huntingarticles said:

you’re so right! It’s honestly funny to see that even during a pandemic people are still trying to psych others out & humble brag just so they can feel a little better about themselves   

• Like 2

Just now, Frogger17 said:

I’m still waiting on that first call my friend 😂😂

Haha I've been corrected then. Don't dishearten yourself either!! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, nrrrvous said:

Apparently Watson Goepel is calling today. 

I stand corrected everyone. Sorry for being a Negative Nelly 🤪

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

I stand corrected everyone. Sorry for being a Negative Nelly 🤪

In your defence you had every reason to believe that hope was lost!! Maybe Segev/Thor/LK are in the same boat and will be calling today 👀 

• Like 1