Jump to content
nrrrvous

Vancouver Articling Recruit 2021-2022

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, DoWellAndGood said:

Yeah that questionnaire was either hit or miss for me too hahaha. I appreciated the change of pace, but I'm not sure it worked in my favour. 

I have a weird feeling Segev will call at like 4:30 pm 🤪

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, thecorky1 said:

Has anyone heard from Young Anderson?

Nope. I heard they planned on doing ITCs, but I haven’t heard of anyone who got one 😬

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s probably it for calls. Best of luck to everything in interviews, you’ll all end up somewhere great !!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

That’s probably it for calls. Best of luck to everything in interviews, you’ll all end up somewhere great !!

What makes you say that? Still a number of firms that haven't been reported 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nrrrvous said:

What makes you say that? Still a number of firms that haven't been reported 

I've heard before that calls only happen in the morning, rarely if ever in the afternoon. However, this is the COVID New Normal, so anything is possible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bobby96 said:

Updates on Myers & Co / Lindsay Kenney /  MBM IP?

Got a call from Myers & Co yesterday. Any word from RTG Law?

Edited by PrincessM
Added a sentence
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

That’s probably it for calls. Best of luck to everything in interviews, you’ll all end up somewhere great !!

But if Segev, Watson, Lindsay Kenney, Thor haven't called at all, I don't know that this is helpful for students still waiting!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, huntingarticles said:

But if Segev, Watson, Lindsay Kenney, Thor haven't called at all, I don't know that this is helpful for students still waiting!

I suppose the expectation is that they simply called people who are not active on this forum, but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DoWellAndGood said:

I suppose the expectation is that they simply called people who are not active on this forum, but I'm more than happy to be proven wrong.

That’s the thought. Looking at last year’s thread, the odds of getting calls this late is approaching zero. Hey, it is Covid and I’d love to be proven wrong, but little justification for firms to wait until the end of the day.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

That’s the thought. Looking at last year’s thread, the odds of getting calls this late is approaching zero. Hey, it is Covid and I’d love to be proven wrong, but little justification for firms to wait until the end of the day.

Fair enough but it is easy for you to say since you've gotten calls. There are others who might have only applied to the 5 firms that no one has heard from. I just think we all need to be understanding that this is a stressful time and not make blanket statements that dishearten a fair few people. 

I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it but just a thought! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, huntingarticles said:

Fair enough but it is easy for you to say since you've gotten calls. There are others who might have only applied to the 5 firms that no one has heard from. I just think we all need to be understanding that this is a stressful time and not make blanket statements that dishearten a fair few people. 

I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it but just a thought! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

I’m still waiting on that first call my friend 😂😂

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, huntingarticles said:

Fair enough but it is easy for you to say since you've gotten calls. There are others who might have only applied to the 5 firms that no one has heard from. I just think we all need to be understanding that this is a stressful time and not make blanket statements that dishearten a fair few people. 

I'm sure you didn't mean anything by it but just a thought! Good luck to everyone still waiting!

you’re so right! It’s honestly funny to see that even during a pandemic people are still trying to psych others out & humble brag just so they can feel a little better about themselves   

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Frogger17 said:

I’m still waiting on that first call my friend 😂😂

Haha I've been corrected then. Don't dishearten yourself either!! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, nrrrvous said:

Apparently Watson Goepel is calling today. 

I stand corrected everyone. Sorry for being a Negative Nelly 🤪

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

I stand corrected everyone. Sorry for being a Negative Nelly 🤪

In your defence you had every reason to believe that hope was lost!! Maybe Segev/Thor/LK are in the same boat and will be calling today 👀 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • reçu mon offre d'acceptation aujd! cote r de 30,245  Bonne chance à tous !  
    • I just finished 1L at Windsor and wanted to say that this year, i think around 4-5 1Ls got bay st positions (not myself lol)....which is honestly awesome. Yes, im sure other schools placed more BUT 4-5 is a big step up from 1. Additionally, this isnt even counting those that got intern positions or jobs outside the formal 1L recruit. I think Windsor sometimes gets dumped on but the student body is really strong imo...and trust me im not afraid to comment on the not so great parts of windsor, but the student body isnt one.  If your interest is Criminal law, Tanovich still teaches 1L crim and he rocks. Unreal teacher (and i agree with sportsball on the teaching v academia point) and one of the most revered criminal law academics in the country. Some great opportunities in criminal law anywhere, Windsor included! 
    • And you guys have semesters to break the year up! I've been slogging through the same crap day after day since last March.
    • It seems like we are all suffering, which is comforting to hear (though a little sad too).  Except you bastards who are all done for the semester. I am very envious. @TobyFlenderson today I plan on treating myself to some studying with breaks, rather than just breaks, per your suggestion 😅 @Jaggers, I think you're right, the monotony of zoom life just drains all motivation. I feel like I'm living the plot of Groundhog Day.
    • Lmao. This is why law students get a bad rep.

×
×
  • Create New...