nrrrvous

Vancouver Articling Recruit 2021-2022

4 minutes ago, BCLawyerhopeful said:

I'm still waiting and its making me nervous lol. 

5 minutes ago, MYVR said:

Has anyone received a call from DOJ?

They sent out emails prior  on the 6th indicating whether or not to expect a call. They're conducting calls now. 

Edited by onlyinevitable
  • Like 1

Anyone heard from Samfiru Tumarkin, Watson Gotpel, ICBC, Myers Karp Patey & Neurauter, RTG Law Corp, Oyen Wiggs Green & Mutala or Young Anderson??

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, onlyinevitable said:

They sent out emails prior  on the 6th indicating whether or not to expect a call. They're conducting calls now. 

What email address did it come from? I want to make sure I didnt miss the email

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ryan1996 said:

Anyone heard from Samfiru Tumarkin, Watson Gotpel, ICBC, Myers Karp Patey & Neurauter, RTG Law Corp, Oyen Wiggs Green & Mutala or Young Anderson??

Did you receive an ITC from Watson? (it doesn't look like anyone on this thread did, so wanted to check) 

Edited by nrrrvous
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, nrrrvous said:

Did you receive an ITC from Watson? (it doesn't look like anyone on this thread did, so wanted to check) 

Haven't heard anything from those firms. Inquisitive if anyone else did rofl

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, van129 said:

Has anyone heard from KPMG or Dolden yet this morning?

Sorry I meant Dolden in my post above, I still haven't heard from them or Worksafe.

Nerve-wracking to have a 30 minute gap between calls... wondering whether they lost interest in me between Tuesday and Today, or whether I was simply that far down their list haha.

• Like 1

Just now, FortifiedEight said:

Sorry I meant Dolden in my post above, I still haven't heard from them or Worksafe.

Yeah I haven't heard from WorkSafe either. They sent their ITCs out later in the day so who knows what kind of schedule they're on! I wouldn't worry too much about it! They're also government, so the order in which they call is probably alphabetical or random. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I have had to resort to a timer (count-down, not count-up) many times over the last few months. A timer is something I would occasionally resort to even in normal times, and would use a timer of between 25-45 minutes. Now sometimes I set a timer for 10 minutes just to get me actually doing something because there's no other way.
    • What do people recommend in terms of how I should¬†organize materials?¬†Whatever works for you.¬†I found the easiest and cheapest method was punching the top left corner and using rings I bought at Staples.¬†Professional cerlox¬†binding looks nice but if you want to rearrange or there's an error, good luck fixing it yourself! Some people just use good old staples. There's no right answer. The exam is largely a page-flipping exercise so your organization method should cater to this. Is it true to that it is¬†recommended to just skip the whole Tax section?¬†Don't skip anything. What you focus on is a different story. Better to update old indices or make my own or buy one? Like @baklava,¬†I made mine in a group. It was annoying to do¬†but probably helped a bit or at least it gave me peace of mind. I'd never have paid for an index though. If you read the materials, highlight well, and learn to work the ToC, you'll be fine. Where do I find old indices? My group worked from an index from friends who had written the bar the year prior. Should I be updating indices as I read the material? Or should I read all the material once, highlight it and then go back and update indices? If¬†you plan to update¬†indexes entirely on your own, as you read, that sounds like a huge waste of time. Either work in a group or learn to use the ToC. Don't try and create an index by yourself, that is way too much work for one person. If you create a group index, yeah you just update as you read that section, so reading that section will take you longer than the rest. Is there a recommended amount of time we should spend on studying each day? Do the math yourself. How many pages do you need to read? How many days do you want to read them in? Divide one by the other. Read that many pages a day. Is it worth it buying practise exams and doing them? Do we have time to do them? Practice was absolutely essential for me. If you can access free exams great. If you can't, I guess you'll have to buy them?
    • Yeah, the toddler does help. Though it's sad to see him go through this period where he's learning to walk and talk, but has no access to play groups, libraries, swim classes, or any other place to learn to be social. I know he's little enough that he will just learn when we have the chance, but it still hurts a bit.
    • Everybody I've talked to has said that the burnout and lack of motivation is worse this year than ever before, so at least the curve should be down for everyone! The only thing I have found that helps me focus is shame. I use a timer like I would if I was working to show myself how much time I'm wasting on other stuff and guilt myself into working more. Is this healthy? Probably not. But it's getting me through the last two weeks of exams.