TonyMilano

Question regarding Admissions for this cycle (3.83, 159)

First my Stats:

Highest LSAT : 159

Average lsat: 156.3 (155, 159, 155, and re writing in Oct)

OLSAS GPA B2: 3.83

QUESTION: I have been told that Queen's (My top choice) ranks applications by AVERAGE LSAT. For me this means my Average LSAT of a 156.3 - WHICH IS BELOW THE CUT OFF FOR ACCEPTANCE (157) at least at queens. Even though my highest LSAT is a 159 I am guessing my application will be viewed towards the very last of the files most likely after all the seats are filled. I dont want to speculate but I have heard that with covid19 and the economic slug it is predicted applications will increase so they prob won’t even look at my application. Any thoughts from actual Queens people/staff/ students on my chances. 

Queens used to order files by cGPA (maybe it changes to B2 now) and average LSAT score although they admit applicants by their B2 and highest LSAT score.

What is your cGPA?

Your B2 is high. If your cGPA is also high you may still get reviewed early since they sort files with B2 (and cGPA) and average LSAT combined.

25 minutes ago, NeverGiveUp said:

Queens used to order files by cGPA (maybe it changes to B2 now) and average LSAT score although they admit applicants by their B2 and highest LSAT score.

What is your cGPA?

Your B2 is high. If your cGPA is also high you may still get reviewed early since they sort files with B2 (and cGPA) and average LSAT combined.

Unfortunately my cGPA is not great despite my B2. It’s somewhere around a 3.30. I like your username but I think my faith is sealed then

19 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Op GPA and B2 is 3.83 the same? is it per OLSAS?

Yes the B2 of 3.83 is per OLSAS scale. Though different from my cGpa which is around a 3.30. 

39 minutes ago, TonyMilano said:

Yes the B2 of 3.83 is per OLSAS scale. Though different from my cGpa which is around a 3.30. 

75% chance. probably after May

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

75% chance. probably after May

Wow really ?!! If so then you’ve made my day. I thought I was 99% done for. Thank you 

2 hours ago, TonyMilano said:

Wow really ?!! If so then you’ve made my day. I thought I was 99% done for. Thank you 

Do you have any reasons for lower grades in other years?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Do you have any reasons for lower grades in other years?

Not really. I was taking courses that were mandatory and not specialized course which I liked. However, I greatly improved and had all A range grades at a full course load in my last and best 2 years for my honours degree. I also was heavily involved in student life in the first two years which chipped away at my academics but I got better at time management in the last 2 years as well.

Edited by TonyMilano

Just now, Luckycharm said:

OK

So am I still in good chances despite my low average LSAT and potential for having my application viewed towards the very end? Thanks again. BTW I have great softs so maybe that's worth a dime 

11 hours ago, TonyMilano said:

So am I still in good chances despite my low average LSAT and potential for having my application viewed towards the very end? Thanks again. BTW I have great softs so maybe that's worth a dime 

Apply broadly. Western, Ottawa, Calgary, UNB, etc. not just Queens.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2020 at 5:53 PM, TonyMilano said:

First my Stats:

Highest LSAT : 159

Average lsat: 156.3 (155, 159, 155, and re writing in Oct)

OLSAS GPA B2: 3.83

QUESTION: I have been told that Queen's (My top choice) ranks applications by AVERAGE LSAT. For me this means my Average LSAT of a 156.3 - WHICH IS BELOW THE CUT OFF FOR ACCEPTANCE (157) at least at queens. Even though my highest LSAT is a 159 I am guessing my application will be viewed towards the very last of the files most likely after all the seats are filled. I dont want to speculate but I have heard that with covid19 and the economic slug it is predicted applications will increase so they prob won’t even look at my application. Any thoughts from actual Queens people/staff/ students on my chances. 

Dude you're fine. I got in with 157 (highest score) and my average lsat was 155. Ranks just tell you in what order they're going to view your file. You have a pretty good chance of getting in, based on your b2 and lsat.

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2020 at 10:00 PM, mjabal said:

Dude you're fine. I got in with 157 (highest score) and my average lsat was 155. Ranks just tell you in what order they're going to view your file. You have a pretty good chance of getting in, based on your b2 and lsat.

What was your GPA?

4 hours ago, VitalGiraffe said:

What was your GPA?

around 3.3

"Unfortunately my cGPA is not great despite my B2. It’s somewhere around a 3.30. I like your username but I think my faith is sealed then

On 10/9/2020 at 11:15 AM, VitalGiraffe said:

What was your GPA?

3.91 L2 3.4cGPA