navyblue11

Transcript Request?

Hi there, so I requested my transcript from my school ages ago but it doesn't seem to have shown up yet in OLSAS. Are there any other steps to getting a transcript that I may have missed besides just adding a transcript request on OLSAS, and that's why I haven't gotten it in yet? Do I perhaps need to go to my school separately and ask for them to send it to OLSAS? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I have two separate transcripts that I sent to OLSAS, and only my newer one showed as received. When I asked OLSAS about it, they did say they'd received the older one, but the OUAC would only match it to my application after I submitted (it's not an Ontario uni so I don't know why). This may be your case. 

Edited by lh22

39 minutes ago, navyblue11 said:

Hi there, so I requested my transcript from my school ages ago but it doesn't seem to have shown up yet in OLSAS. Are there any other steps to getting a transcript that I may have missed besides just adding a transcript request on OLSAS, and that's why I haven't gotten it in yet? Do I perhaps need to go to my school separately and ask for them to send it to OLSAS? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

same question- do you have to submit the app and pay to get transcripts sent to OLSAS? is that the only thing needed on our end?

3 minutes ago, tiptoemaster said:

same question- do you have to submit the app and pay to get transcripts sent to OLSAS? is that the only thing needed on our end?

Is your transcript from a university outside Ontario? If so, you need to send them in before you submit the application. If your transcript is from inside Ontario, you have to request it through the OUAC/Transcripts section in your application, and it won't be fulfilled until after you submit.

On 9/17/2020 at 10:08 AM, Scrantonicity said:

In case it's helpful to anyone, I was having some of the same issues and I just had a chat with OLSAS application support. This is what they told me:

"Your transcript request will only be forwarded once you have submitted and paid for the application along with the request. So long as this is done by the application deadline, it counts as having satisfied the deadline for transcripts."

I followed-up to clarify that, as long as I've requested transcripts and paid for+submitted my application by November 1, it doesn't matter if they actually receive those trancripts after that date.  They said that was fine.

I believe this is only for Ontario schools, not sure about out of province.

The above post is worth to read

contact OLSAS if you are not sure, everyone's situation maybe different. you definitely don't want to mess up with the transcript

• Like 1