FortifiedEight

2021-2022 Toronto Articling ITCs

does anybody have any idea how long we should wait for a call? trying to stay optimistic and hope that some firms are running a little behind schedule

Just now, runofthemill said:

Devastated. 10 interviews. Countless hours of prep and anxiety and left cold.

I feel the same way. 6 interviews, 2 second rounders that went excellent (or so I thought). I honestly thought I would get offers from both and have to choose...should have remained without expectations :(

• Sad 1

Just now, runofthemill said:

Devastated. 10 interviews. Countless hours of prep and anxiety and left cold.

Seems to be the recurring theme this year unfortunately. Just know you're not alone! We'll all get through this somehow.

3 minutes ago, runofthemill said:

Is there any hope at this point? 

wondering the same thing. i wonder in the history of this recruit if anybody got a call much later?

Well at this point I suppose all the offers have been made. Question is how many have been accepted, how many are on ice, and how far up on the waiting list are you. 6 p.m. and after could still produce something.

3 minutes ago, NZT said:

wondering the same thing. i wonder in the history of this recruit if anybody got a call much later?

They might if someone was holding onto an offer and declined it once they got their top choice firm. Almost all positions will be settled within 10 minutes of call day, but it does happen every year that some offers are given/accepted later.

Giving a call to the recruiters for the firms you're very interested in doesn't hurt.

Edited by georgecostanzajr

1 minute ago, tiredlawstudent said:

Also, my friend who interviewed at a MAG office was told that they would be sending out offers at the end of the week instead of today!

Interesting! Do you know which MAG office this was?

Also, my friend who interviewed at a MAG office was told that they would be sending out offers at the end of the week instead of today!

The end of the WEEK?! How does that make any sense? People will be forced to accept earlier offers. Does that apply to ALL MAG offices?

do you know which office this was? I interviewed with CLOC (Crown Law Office - Civil) and they said they were following the Law Society Guidelines. And I didn't get a call ..

1 minute ago, thisisbrutal123 said:

Just heard from MAG SO HOLD ON EVERYBODY IT COULD STILL COME!!! 

which office my friend? CONGRATS

• Like 1