FortifiedEight

2021-2022 Toronto Articling ITCs

51 minutes ago, JustHireMeAlready said:

Has anyone received their confirmation emails from the City of Toronto yet?

Still nothing unfortunately 

On 10/26/2020 at 9:22 AM, barelylegal said:

I think this will probably be something that no one can answer universally. You could get an interviewer who thinks the lack of eye contact is awkward or something, I don't know. But personally, I'd never dock a candidate for that - I fail at making camera eye contact constantly and would never hold that against someone, it's really difficult if your camera isn't perfectly placed (I work on a huge monitor so my camera is unnaturally high for me to make eye contact, I can't both look at the camera and what's on my screen). I can't really see others docking points for this, but also can't speak for everyone.

Amen. It is frankly silly to mark someone down for not looking straight into the camera lens during the entire length of an interview. 

• Like 1

Just now, JustHireMeAlready said:

Should we be emailing the places that haven't sent confirmations by they don't send anything by like Thursday afternoon?

Our CSO has said that today is fine. I'll be emailing this afternoon I think.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HamzasDad said:

Amen. It is frankly silly to mark someone down for not looking straight into the camera lens during the entire length of an interview. 

I did the Vancouver recruit and my experience is that they won't necessarily make eye contact either. Some of my interviewers were using two devices so they weren't looking at me most of the time. One set of interviewers didn't even have their camera on. Then there are the ones that are new to the platform and don't know how to let you in, or have sound issues, or were tuning in on their phone, or from a large board room, or whatever. All this is to say, don't worry too much about eye contact.

Edited by Psychometronic
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Psychometronic said:

I did the Vancouver recruit and my experience is that they won't necessarily make eye contact either. Some of my interviewers were using two devices so they weren't looking at me most of the time. One set of interviewers didn't even have their camera on. Then there are the ones that are new to the platform and don't know how to let you in, or have sound issues, or were tuning in on their phone, or from a large board room, or whatever. All this is to say, don't worry too much about eye contact.

I second this. 2 out of the 3 firms in Van I ended up actually doing interviews with had people apologizing for looking at different screens, so they were barely even watching me. On top of that, somehow my video was about 10 seconds behind reality, so they had no way to connect my actions to my words. I still got a job offer lol so do your best to look at the camera, but don't get freaked out if you look away.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a list of behavioral questions and would not mind sharing for a law firm interview? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FortifiedEight said:

Nope! Still waiting :)

thinking of giving them a call today ... im only waiting on them and its giving me anxiety 

Edited by NoobTube
  • Like 1

just got the e-mail - pheww

2 hours ago, NoobTube said:

thinking of giving them a call today ... im only waiting on them and its giving me anxiety 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2020 at 1:22 AM, chaboywb said:

Did you not accept a job in Vancouver?

I was waiting on the UNIFOR email to decline the interview. When they called to book the interview they didn't leave any contact info.

Edited by FortifiedEight
  • Like 2

Good luck to everyone! No matter what happens this week, you're all amazing and there will be more opportunities if Wednesday doesn't turn out as planned.

• Like 4