FortifiedEight

2021-2022 Toronto Articling ITCs

5 minutes ago, person888 said:

Which MAG branches have called?

I got called from the Crown Law Office - Civil and Treasury Board Secretariat

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, FortifiedEight said:

Oh for sure! But imagine a law student who forgot call day :D Just would NEVER happen on our side. A Vancouver firm had someone call the day after call day this year because the lawyers were all in court!

LOL yeah the day would NEVER come where Law students forget about call day. Can't even imagine it😂😂

1 hour ago, TorontoJ said:

Thanks! I swear Goodmans is looking for a human being that doesn't exist. I thought I'd secured an interview for sure.

Lmao me too. I received the Goodmans LLP award and sent a thank you card to the contacts (our financial office requests we do this) and one of them ended up adding me on LinkedIn and thanking me for the card. They ended up being the recruitment contacts for this year so I thought I would get an interview for sure and nope, PFO last night đŸ˜©

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, tommygun said:

Lmao me too. I received the Goodmans LLP award and sent a thank you card to the contacts (our financial office requests we do this) and one of them ended up adding me on LinkedIn and thanking me for the card. They ended up being the recruitment contacts for this year so I thought I would get an interview for sure and nope, PFO last night đŸ˜©

I'm so sorry. That's gotta be tough.

What does PFO stand for? All I know is that it's not a good thing, and one would rather receive an ITC than a PFO. Also, are calls scattered throughout the day, or is it safe to assume you won't get a call if firm/org. X hasn't called by a certain time? 

Edited by BackToTheTdot

2 minutes ago, BackToTheTdot said:

What does PFO stand for? All I know is that it's not a good thing, and one would rather receive an ITC than a PFO. Thanks.

Please **ck Off lol

It’s a totally informal name for an email where a firm says they won’t be contacting you

Edited by Frogger17
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Frogger17 said:

Please **ck Off lol

It’s a totally informal name for an email where a firm says they won’t be contacting you

Thanks, new to this forum, and this whole process in general, so not too familiar with all of the acronyms yet! Learning, though. Also, I'm an NCA candidate, and won't have results until Nov./Dec. (wrote the assigned 5 exams in Aug./Sept.), which is probably one of the reasons I haven't had much success yet (although day is not over). 

Edited by BackToTheTdot

8 minutes ago, BackToTheTdot said:

Thanks, new to this forum, and this whole process in general, so not too familiar with all of the acronyms yet! Learning, though. Also, I'm an NCA candidate, and won't have results until Nov./Dec. (wrote the assigned 5 exams in Aug./Sept.), which is probably one of the reasons I haven't had much success yet (although day is not over). 

I'm in the same boat. I had an interview with one of the MAGs in the non-TO apps, but I haven't  got any calls today :(

3 minutes ago, CanadaMoon said:

I'm in the same boat. I had an interview with one of the MAGs in the non-TO apps, but I haven't  got any calls today :(

You wrote 5 exams, too? All in August? or Aug./Sept. split? 

Just now, BackToTheTdot said:

You wrote 5 exams, too? All in August? or Aug./Sept. split? 

I wrote 3 the end of 2019 and 2 September (just waiting on those p/f to be released any day now...). 

1 hour ago, person888 said:

Which MAG branches have called?

MAG - Downtown Toronto Crown Office (interviewing jointly with Etobicoke office) 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CanadaMoon said:

I wrote 3 the end of 2019 and 2 September (just waiting on those p/f to be released any day now...). 

Good luck. If they stick to the 10-12 week time frame for releasing results, probably won't have them until Dec. if you took in September. Not sure how often they release early, hopefully they do!

Just now, Shades87 said:

Anyone hear anything from OIPRD, OHRC or other Crown offices other than downtown/Etobicoke?

Got a call from Scarborough Crown at 8:10 

• Like 1