FortifiedEight

2021-2022 Toronto Articling ITCs

2 minutes ago, lawstudentinspace said:

Anyone hear from Epstein Cole or MAG - family responsibility Office?

No to Epstein Cole but yes to Mag Family Responsibility Office 

23 minutes ago, Hamilton94 said:

fam get on this asap call them before they fill up hurry

I’m actually pretty much booked. Don’t even know where I’d schedule them. I’ve called them a bunch of times and even emailed and haven’t gotten any responses. Pretty weird. 

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Hamilton94 said:

is it taboo to go to a firm on monday night and be like 'hey, just got a 2nd rounder for tuesday with a firm I'm really keen on, gonna gave to cancel my interview with you tomorrow'

Don't even bother to explain your cancellation. Just say you have to cancel your interview and apologize for the inconvienence. It's not necessarily taboo, but you will not get a position at the firm you cancelled on.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rikangi said:

Don't even bother to explain your cancellation. Just say you have to cancel your interview and apologize for the inconvienence. It's not necessarily taboo, but you will not get a position at the firm you cancelled on.

It's not just not necessarily taboo, it's normal. They'll be expecting it. Unlike one in-house department today who called and I politely declined and the person on the phone shrieked "ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU DON'T WANT TO INTERVIEW WITH US?" :D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, FortifiedEight said:

It's not just not necessarily taboo, it's normal. They'll be expecting it. Unlike one in-house department today who called and I politely declined and the person on the phone shrieked "ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU DON'T WANT TO INTERVIEW WITH US?" :D

I sincerely hope you responded with the same generic cookie cutter rejection firms typically give students. Something like, "thank you for your interview offer. I sincerely appreciate your interest. Unfortunately, I have some difficult decisions to make and am unable to interview with you. I wish you the best of luck in interviewing other candidates, and hope our paths will cross in the future".

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

I was actually appreciative that Goodmans went to the trouble of typing out my first name before they copy pasted their rejection, lol.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Bart said:

I sincerely hope you responded with the same generic cookie cutter rejection firms typically give students. Something like, "thank you for your interview offer. I sincerely appreciate your interest. Unfortunately, I have some difficult decisions to make and am unable to interview with you. I wish you the best of luck in interviewing other candidates, and hope our paths will cross in the future".

I refused to waste that much effort on them. My answer was "No thank you." :D

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FortifiedEight said:

hahaha. thanks!

14 minutes ago, PoisonApple said:

I got an ITC from a firm but no call from them yet? is this normal?  

call them! they may have forgotten about call day or gotten busy

5 minutes ago, directioner said:

call them! they may have forgotten about call day or gotten busy

"Forgotten about call day" LOLOLOLOL Law students don't know her. Can you imagine? :D

Edited to add: I didn't mean for this to come off as an attack, just thinking about the fact that no law student ever has forgotten about call day :) I totally agree law firms can do this!!

Edited by FortifiedEight

Just now, FortifiedEight said:

"Forgotten about call day" LOLOLOLOL Law students don't know her. Can you imagine? :D

Hey it has happened, i have heard war stories about firms that forgot to call and then the person called them

2 minutes ago, directioner said:

Hey it has happened, i have heard war stories about firms that forgot to call and then the person called them

Oh for sure! But imagine a law student who forgot call day :D Just would NEVER happen on our side. A Vancouver firm had someone call the day after call day this year because the lawyers were all in court!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, retakelsat said:

Does anyone else have any virtual interviews around 1 hour apart? I was told the interview would take around 45 min so I booked it at the only time they had available but unfortunately it is immediately before another interview I have (1 hour later). I'm worried about ruining my chances at both if the interview takes too long. These are my two favourite places. I don't think I can reschedule at this point since they aren't large firms.

If anyone cares or is reading this in the future, I was able to call back and rescehulede with the other firm. Really simple.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, retakelsat said:

If anyone cares or is reading this in the future, I was able to call back and rescehulede with the other firm. Really simple.

OH I should say same - I double booked and was able to move one no problem.

• Like 1