bless79

IMPORTANT: What is the Application Process? UofA

Hello! I was wondering what the application process is for University of Alberta law? I'm aware that the application is due November 1st but I can't find anything online, not sure why. Is there more to the launchpad account application, such as a personal statement and/or questions? 

Also, would you report a cancelled LSAT score?

Are you having trouble finding where to apply, or are you already in the process and having trouble? (Or are you asking for future reference?)

I think I uploaded my PS afterward on the Launchpad site, as well as a transcript copy. I wouldn't report a cancelled score unless they asked for it specifically (I don't remember them asking). I had to fill in my LSAC account number so they'll see what your record looks like either way.

Edited by lh22

Hi,

University of Alberta requires applicants to notify them of their academic history, including both high schools and universities. On the launchpad, under "upload materials", it gives a list of the documents we are supposed to provide including transcripts from high schools. I was wondering if that is necessary, or do they only need to see a transcript from the university you attended?

Thanks!

Edited by lawschool1011

4 hours ago, lawschool1011 said:

Hi,

University of Alberta requires applicants to notify them of their academic history, including both high schools and universities. On the launchpad, under "upload materials", it gives a list of the documents we are supposed to provide including transcripts from high schools. I was wondering if that is necessary, or do they only need to see a transcript from the university you attended?

Thanks!

Strange. Mine doesn't have that, but according to this forum, the application site is asking some but not all people. If in doubt, send  a message to Student Connect for clarification (see the right-hand side of that webpage).

On 9/26/2020 at 2:16 PM, lh22 said:

Are you having trouble finding where to apply, or are you already in the process and having trouble? (Or are you asking for future reference?)

I think I uploaded my PS afterward on the Launchpad site, as well as a transcript copy. I wouldn't report a cancelled score unless they asked for it specifically (I don't remember them asking). I had to fill in my LSAC account number so they'll see what your record looks like either way.

Do you remember if you submitted your PS after the application deadline? I want to confirm that my PS counts as the additional documentation that isn't due until the February deadline. 

1 hour ago, maranta said:

Do you remember if you submitted your PS after the application deadline? I want to confirm that my PS counts as the additional documentation that isn't due until the February deadline. 

I sent it in September. But yes, you can wait to submit your PS until February, based on their website under "Admissions":

The deadline to submit personal statements is February 1, 23:59:59 (Mountain Time).