sarahoran12

Access Category

Hello Everyone!

I am just wondering did anyone here apply to access category before? and if you did, did it affect your application or did you find that it was treated the same as the general category? I am registered with accessibility on my campus and I am just wondering if I should be applying to access or general and if I picked access would admissions undermine my application?

Thanks

I am applying to osgoode, ryerson, uoft, lakehead, queens, and winsdor 

I am also applying outside of ontario to Dalhousie University , UBC, Clergy and Alberta 

My stats are 

3.81 OLSAS

3.93 L2, but I am in my fourth year now 

LSAT: 152 , going to redo it in January 

35 minutes ago, sarahoran12 said:

I am applying to osgoode, ryerson, uoft, lakehead, queens, and winsdor 

I am also applying outside of ontario to Dalhousie University , UBC, Clergy and Alberta 

My stats are 

3.81 OLSAS

3.93 L2, but I am in my fourth year now 

LSAT: 152 , going to redo it in January 

why not Nov?

In your case, you'd have to explain how your access claim affected your LSAT score specifically. There is no way I would have been admitted to the school I went to in the general category, so yes, it was treated differently. 

3 hours ago, feraenaturae said:

In your case, you'd have to explain how your access claim affected your LSAT score specifically. There is no way I would have been admitted to the school I went to in the general category, so yes, it was treated differently. 

Okay I thought I had to apply to access category because I had accommodations at my university and I won’t get those accommodations if I don’t apply under access category 
I don’t have a problem applying to general I just wanna make sure my accessibility accommodations continue with me to law school 

4 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

why not Nov?

I just don’t have time with a full load to dedicate that much time to it, I feel like I won’t be able to study well if I do it in November 

8 hours ago, feraenaturae said:

No, the two things are unrelated. 

Edit: Sorry, don't know why I quoted myself. I meant to quote about your concern re: accessibility services. After admission under any category you have the option to register with disability/accessibility services. 

Edited by feraenaturae

15 hours ago, sarahoran12 said:

Okay I thought I had to apply to access category because I had accommodations at my university and I won’t get those accommodations if I don’t apply under access category 
I don’t have a problem applying to general I just wanna make sure my accessibility accommodations continue with me to law school 

Do you have a condition that requires "accommodations" ? You can apply for accommodations in law school and you can apply to "access category' if that condition had an impact on your grades and LSAT etc. You can also request accommodations for LSAT test too. 

Your stats so far 152, 3.81 GPA  and 3.92 L2 and your chance based on my predictions are

osgoode- 25%  100% if 160+

ryerson     80%-100%

uoft           10%   80% if 165+ 100% if 168+

lakehead  90% -100%

queens     70%   100% if 160

winsdor    god knows 

I suggest you apply to Ottawa and Western too.

https://www.lsac.org/lsat/lsac-policy-accommodations-test-takers-disabilities  

Edited by Luckycharm

2 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Do you have a condition that requires "accommodations" ? You can apply for accommodations in law school and you can apply to "access category' if that condition had an impact on your grades and LSAT etc. You can also request accommodations for LSAT test too. 

Your stats so far 152, 3.81 GPA  and 3.92 L2 and your chance based on my predictions are

osgoode- 25%  100% if 160+

ryerson     80%-100%

uoft           10%   80% if 165+ 100% if 168+

lakehead  90% -100%

queens     70%   100% if 160

winsdor    god knows 

I suggest you apply to Ottawa and Western too.

https://www.lsac.org/lsat/lsac-policy-accommodations-test-takers-disabilities  

I am going considering to ottawa i don't know about western because I never took 5 courses per semester in uni only one semester. 

3 hours ago, sarahoran12 said:

I am going considering to ottawa i don't know about western because I never took 5 courses per semester in uni only one semester. 

and you applied to Queens B2 and  U of T B3

Edited by Luckycharm