Sign in to follow this  
vancity27

How do 4th year grades factor in?

Hey everyone,

I'll be applying to UofT this year and I'm currently in my 4th year of undergrad. I was wondering how much my 4th year grades matter in the admission decision or is this something they just look at if you've been accepted and to make sure you maintained a certain standard? Thanks!

1 hour ago, Luckycharm said:

What is your current GPA/B3 and your LSAT?

3.79 GPA/B3 and 168 LSAT! You also commented on my recent Chances post haha :) 

1 hour ago, vancity27 said:

3.79 GPA/B3 and 168 LSAT! You also commented on my recent Chances post haha :) 

I bet you may have receive an offer by the time your Fall 2020 grades are available. 

16 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

I bet you may have receive an offer by the time your Fall 2020 grades are available. 

That's good to hear, thanks! I'm obviously not planning on letting my Fall 2020 grades slip, but do you think there's any chance that these grades would make them reconsider an offer?

1 hour ago, vancity27 said:

That's good to hear, thanks! I'm obviously not planning on letting my Fall 2020 grades slip, but do you think there's any chance that these grades would make them reconsider an offer?

unless they give you a conditional offer.. you can slip, slide or fall..

By the way, I assumed your GPA and B3 etc are OLSAS converted basis. Are they?

https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/olsas-conversion-table/

Edited by Luckycharm
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

unless they give you a conditional offer.. you can slip, slide or fall..

By the way, I assumed your GPA and B3 etc are OLSAS converted basis. Are they?

https://www.ouac.on.ca/guide/olsas-conversion-table/

Yes, I tried to convert them as best as I could... not entirely sure if I'm doing it right. I got to UBC so my grades are in a percentage/letter grade format.

After you get in your grades matter very little. I know people who let their grades slide very significantly. I was also told the same thing when I had received my offer and was in 4th year of undergrad. 

1 hour ago, Notnotadog said:

After you get in your grades matter very little. I know people who let their grades slide very significantly. I was also told the same thing when I had received my offer and was in 4th year of undergrad. 

Haha good to hear, thanks :)

Don't let your grades slide. You may have to provide an undergrad transcript in a few different scenarios in law school. It won't look good if it's obvious that you slacked off after receiving an offer.

16 minutes ago, erinl2 said:

Don't let your grades slide. You may have to provide an undergrad transcript in a few different scenarios in law school. It won't look good if it's obvious that you slacked off after receiving an offer.

Yes sorry to clarify, erinl2 is totally correct. What I mean is that grades do not matter for your offer after you receive it, but your undergrad transcript will be looked at for things like jobs and other opportunities. 

17 minutes ago, erinl2 said:

1 minute ago, Notnotadog said:

Yes sorry to clarify, erinl2 is totally correct. What I mean is that grades do not matter for your offer after you receive it, but your undergrad transcript will be looked at for things like jobs and other opportunities. 

Makes sense, thanks guys :)

Definitely won't be slacking off but I was just curious how/if they factored into admission - thanks for the input!