So Calgary is not requiring references this year, but does that mean we aren't allowed to submit any? I'm pretty sure we can but a couple different links are giving me some mixed info so I just want to be sure. 

Edited by culitigator

Due to challenges caused by the pandemic, we we will not be using references for any first-year applicants. Please do not send any references. They cannot be added to your application.

Cheers!

Malina

• Like 1

1 minute ago, UofC Admissions said:

Due to challenges caused by the pandemic, we we will not be using references for any first-year applicants. Please do not send any references. They cannot be added to your application.

Cheers!

Malina

Thank you Malina!

• Like 1

On 9/21/2020 at 8:58 AM, UofC Admissions said:

Cheers!

Malina

Hi Malina, 

I have not seen this answered anywhere but I apologize if this has come up already. How will omitting references this year impact the assessment of applications? 

15 hours ago, gcyeg said:

Hi Malina, 

I have not seen this answered anywhere but I apologize if this has come up already. How will omitting references this year impact the assessment of applications? 

There is no specific weighting to any of the aspects of the application, so our assessment is unchanged in that we'll be considering the whole application. There just won't be any references.

Cheers!

Malina

5 hours ago, UofC Admissions said:

There is no specific weighting to any of the aspects of the application, so our assessment is unchanged in that we'll be considering the whole application. There just won't be any references.

Cheers!

Malina

Hey Malina, was just wondering if this will be the case for next year as well or is it only this year?

22 hours ago, cguy said:

Hey Malina, was just wondering if this will be the case for next year as well or is it only this year?

We'll be making that decision next summer, after we've completed all of our assessments and review how this cycle went.

Cheers!

Malina

• Like 1