Sign in to follow this  
navyblue11

Should I retake?

My stats are 3.92 OLSAS cGPA and 162. I’m a third year applicant hoping to get into Osgoode, Western, Queens, Windsor or Ryerson. Should I try retaking my LSAT to try and get a higher score to maximize my chances of acceptance? 

No

100% for OZ, Western and Queens

Windsor- hard to predict

Ryerson- well, you have enough offers

2 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

No

100% for OZ, Western and Queens

Windsor- hard to predict

Ryerson- well, you have enough offers

Even as a third year applicant, you think so? 

Thanks so much for your feedback! 

Missed the third year part. I am not sure about higher LSAT to offset a third year issue. 

Are you doing a three year degree?

4 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Missed the third year part. I am not sure about higher LSAT to offset a third year issue. 

Are you doing a three year degree?

Yeah

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• In the long run - in the let’s say 50 years of working life ahead of you - 18 months to go after what you really want is worth it.  Law is not a consolation prize. It is not an easy avenue to impress your parents and peers. The real task in front of you now is to take control and responsibility for your own life.   This is a key part of transitioning from young adult to adult. Hold off on expensive undertakings until you are alone in your own head and certain that your choices are your own. 
    • I recently turned 25 and I am nearing the end of my undergrad degree (last semester). My grades are decent enough to get into law school and I am feeling the parental pressure to make a decision on my future. To tell the truth I am more interested in the medical field (neurology specifically) but I would require at least an additional 1-1.5 years of schooling to solidify my scientific understanding and prepare for the mcat. And med admissions in Canada is really tough most people apply for 3 years before they get accepted so there is no guarantee even after all the hard work. In comparison I am already in a position where I could apply for the next law school cycle. I would apply broadly (at least 10 schools) and solely based on my stats, barring any unforeseen circumstances, I would likely get into at least 1 program. The thing is I don't know if law is for me. I don't think I could shadow a lawyer given the current situation. I've browsed this forum for a few weeks and I see some users express regrets about going to law school, mulling career changes, etc. I have researched the field a bit. I know it's a lot of work, long 50-60+ hour weeks, the pay is not nearly what a lot of people think it is, it usually takes at least 5 years before you are making 100k+, and some students struggle to find articling positions. People say "don't knock it till you try it" and although I have never really had a passion for the law, a part of me would like to come into this with an open mind and see if I enjoy it. If not, I have told myself I can always make a career change or go to grad/med school sometime in my 30s but I'm sure that is easier said than done. I'm rambling a bit at this point but I'm pretty confused about what the next step should be and would be grateful for any insight. Thanks.   
    • I'll just say, as a 3L, school by Zoom and/or pre-recordings is pretty sweet. I did the socializing thing in the first two years of law school and I'm fortunate enough to have a core group of friends. The current arrangement means I'm saving a LOT of time not commuting, I get more done, and I can hold down two part time jobs.
    • Already did. But you do realize that it's important to inquire about future job opportunities before even going down the path of law school, right? I don't want to enter law school and get some useless law degree (for all I know) that won't make me any good money. Which is why I ask important questions about potential future employment before even going down this long path. It's only rational to inquire. Thanks for the clarifications on the job requirements though. I seem to get it now. How so? I understand that there's technically no bar exam, but there is the PTLC barrister and solicitor exams after articling. So you're still not technically a lawyer after passing these exams, which are the final hurdle? What more do you need to do to be a member of the law society?  
    • definitely the best part of law school. Or if you're older, 3 years of reliving your youth. I hate covid so so much.