Hello, 

I hope you guys are doing well during these unpredictable times. I just received my August LSAT-Flex score and I got a 152 (which is the 50th percentile), however I am not sure if this is even a good mark to apply to law school and if any law school would even accept me with that. I have a GPA of 3.83 with OLSAS and I am planning on Osgoode, Queens and Ryerson as my top choices and I really want a good LSAT score to combat that. I am planning on redoing the LSAT on January. I am in my last year of university and while studying for the August I was a full time student for the summer taking 2 courses per semester every summer session so maybe thats why my mark struggled.

However, I am wondering which prep-course is best to try out. I did Princeton review  165+ for the summer but I want to try a different program. Which LSAT prep is better 7sage or blueprint for example? And what are the results that you got on the actual LSAT compared to their test. For Princeton review I got an average of 158-161 and ended up with 152, so I really want to hit my target score of 160. 

Any advice helps.

Thank so much in advance. 

Edited by sarahoran12

Hey disclaimer as I am also studying for the LSAT right now so by no means an expert. From all the advice I've received and time spent on studying I think the best self study resources are 7Sage, LSAT Demon and the LR Loophole by Ellen Cassidy. Princeton, Blueprint etc seem to be super insufficient compared to these resources. The best strategy would be likely be a combination of these tools then a private tutor for the sections needing further improvement.  

I would say with your amazing GPA you may have a shot at holistic schools like Ryerson but may fall short of Osgoode, Western, Queens etc unless you get that 160+.  I wouldn't let that gpa go to waste so would definitely take the time to hit the 160+ even if you have to delay a cycle. Just my thoughts, best of luck!

2 minutes ago, lwyrup2021 said:

Hey disclaimer as I am also studying for the LSAT right now so by no means an expert. From all the advice I've received and time spent on studying I think the best self study resources are 7Sage, LSAT Demon and the LR Loophole by Ellen Cassidy. Princeton, Blueprint etc seem to be super insufficient compared to these resources. The best strategy would be likely be a combination of these tools then a private tutor for the sections needing further improvement.  

I would say with your amazing GPA you may have a shot at holistic schools like Ryerson but may fall short of Osgoode, Western, Queens etc unless you get that 160+.  I wouldn't let that gpa go to waste so would definitely take the time to hit the 160+ even if you have to delay a cycle. Just my thoughts, best of luck!

Hey, thank you so much for this. I really am trying my best and might even delay my test until februrary or even take a year off because I really do not want to rush the times I have to write the LSAT.

59 minutes ago, sarahoran12 said:

Hello, 

I hope you guys are doing well during these unpredictable times. I just received my August LSAT-Flex score and I got a 152 (which is the 50th percentile), however I am not sure if this is even a good mark to apply to law school and if any law school would even accept me with that. I have a GPA of 3.83 with OLSAS and I am planning on Osgoode, Queens and Ryerson as my top choices and I really want a good LSAT score to combat that. I am planning on redoing the LSAT on January. I am in my last year of university and while studying for the August I was a full time student for the summer taking 2 courses per semester every summer session so maybe thats why my mark struggled.

However, I am wondering which prep-course is best to try out. I did Princeton review  165+ for the summer but I want to try a different program. Which LSAT prep is better 7sage or blueprint for example? And what are the results that you got on the actual LSAT compared to their test. For Princeton review I got an average of 158-161 and ended up with 152, so I really want to hit my target score of 160. 

Any advice helps.

Thank so much in advance. 

hire a private tutor

I did Harvard Ready with Yoni and it was amazing! Went from a 158 diagnostic in May to a 174 on the actual July 2020 LSAT. I did a course with Harvard Ready but he also does private tutoring. 10/10 would recommend.

7Sage is gold - I personally couldn't afford a private tutor, but ended up not needing one anyway thanks to them. JY is really good at conveying and explaining LSAT concepts. Each PT and problem set comes with an explanation video for every question, which is so helpful. My diagnostic was a 151 and I also had a goal of 160. I ended up with a 166.

On another note, if things go awry, there is 100% no harm in taking a year off like you said. That's what myself and many other friends of mine are doing. If you get a great LSAT in January then that's amazing! If not, then a year off will be a nice break for you anyway 🙂 We are all on our own timelines and there is no rush.

1 hour ago, Firecracker said:

7Sage is gold - I personally couldn't afford a private tutor, but ended up not needing one anyway thanks to them. JY is really good at conveying and explaining LSAT concepts. Each PT and problem set comes with an explanation video for every question, which is so helpful. My diagnostic was a 151 and I also had a goal of 160. I ended up with a 166.

On another note, if things go awry, there is 100% no harm in taking a year off like you said. That's what myself and many other friends of mine are doing. If you get a great LSAT in January then that's amazing! If not, then a year off will be a nice break for you anyway 🙂 We are all on our own timelines and there is no rush.

Good that you scored 166 without a private tutor. I gave my high school classmate all my LSAT materials and he got 178 without taking any LSAT course nor tutor. 

Every person is different. 

On 9/18/2020 at 10:59 PM, sarahoran12 said:

did you get the $99 bundle from LSAC? whole bunch of PT there that you will never ran out of.....it is digital which is very similar to the actual test setting. I find it very useful.

If you want to save time maybe hire a tutor to tell you the tricks and all that so you can save some time while in your last year?

14 hours ago, many2021 said:

did you get the $99 bundle from LSAC? whole bunch of PT there that you will never ran out of.....it is digital which is very similar to the actual test setting. I find it very useful.

If you want to save time maybe hire a tutor to tell you the tricks and all that so you can save some time while in your last year?

Hey I have the 99 bundle that was one of my main sources of studying for 3 almost 4 months in the summer. And ya I might hire a tutor to do that since I already paid for January test. Thank you so much for you help :)