vancity27

Chances? cGPA 3.79, LSAT 168

Hi everyone,

I was wondering what you guys thought of my chances! I'm currently in a business undergrad program so my cGPA is pretty much my B3. My first year grades aren't that great but I had a significant increase after my first year, which is reflected in my transcript. I've also taken a rigorous course load throughout, done 2 internships (one at a Big 4), and been involved with many on-campus organizations and clubs. I was also wondering if anyone could shed some light on how U of T looks at your transcript - do the consider year to year improvement and the courses you took? I've only written the LSAT once and don't really want to write it again so I'm wondering what my chances are with these stats. Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

Thank you! I'm just nervous given my cGPA is below the median... do you think it makes sense to retake the LSAT or should I just focus on putting together a great personal statement and give it a shot with this score?

14 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

should be ok

Thank you! I'm just nervous given my cGPA is below the median... do you think it makes sense to retake the LSAT or should I just focus on putting together a great personal statement and give it a shot with this score?

7 hours ago, vancity27 said:

That is only my own opinion. I could be wrong 

I definitely would not re-write the LSAT. In fact I think you will almost definitely get in as long as you write a solid personal statement. 

UofT does, in fact, look at upward trends in transcripts. If you improved from 1st to 3rd year this will look very good. 

Edited by Notnotadog
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

That is only my own opinion. I could be wrong 

For sure! Thanks for your comments :)