Sign in to follow this  
PeanutLawyer

Chances ? L60 3.81 Lsat 156 (third attempt)

Hi Friends! 

I just was wondering on your opinion on my chances for Calgary!

I have currently around a 3.81 in my last 60 credits and I have taken the LSAT three times (150, 152 and 156). The LSAT was not my strong suit lol!

I am in my second undergraduate degree, and I have had pretty decent EC's throughout both degrees. I certainly have worked throughout both of the degrees as well, most recently writing policy and lobbying. I understand that Calgary is holistic in their admissions but i felt that someone might have an idea of where I might be sitting! 

Thank you so much in advance! 

I think your concern is your LSAT. They group your file for review with statistically similar applicants based on your highest score, but they do look at how many previous attempts you have and the average of those attempts when evaluating you.

I know that's not what you asked, but I would consider U of A, you have a decent chance based on those stats. I would also apply for U of C anyways, your work experience may boost you up. I am not a law student yet, but I have watched these 2 schools closely for a few years now. 

Good luck!

Hi Everyone! 

Thank you so much for the responses! I am not going to lose hope at all. My number one choice would be Calgary, but I will also be applying to TRU, Alberta, Sask, Ryerson, Ottawa and Osgoode. 

So fingers crossed that one school will look kindly upon these stats. I do not think that writing the LSAT is really an option for this admission cycle. I am getting married in a couple of weeks and organizing is literally taking all of my spare time! lol 

20 hours ago, lawstudentthree said:

@AJD19 Why do you think you were rejected?

No clue, i diddnt even think about it lol. Im at U of A. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• I would leave this out of any further conversation you have on this subject. Access is 0% dependent on your race or gender, and it’s not a good look to think being a white male is going to be a disadvantage for you.   That said, as someone who applied Access/Discretionary/Mature across the board, you should be fine at some of the L2 or B2 schools if you do continue to get those stellar grades. As another poster said, as far as LSAT goes, everyone thinks they’ll get above 170 but statistically that is not possible, even if you’re getting that on your practice tests. So it’s impossible to make a predication there. My best advice is to leave this forum for a while, concentrate on school, study this summer for the LSAT, and apply in the Fall knowing you have done your best. 
    • Bonjour 😊 Je n'ai pas fait de demande à l'UQAM, mais j'ai fait ma demande à l'UDEM il y a quelques mois. Je pense que les offres devraient commencer vers la mi-février selon les forums des années précédentes, mais je sais que certaines personnes ont déjà reçu des convocations pour des examens de français.  J'ai également un baccalauréat en science politique, où j'ai gradué avec 3,77. J'ai présentement un GPA de 4,0 à la maîtrise, mais je ne suis pas certaine si l'UDEM accorde un poids aux notes des cycles supérieurs. C'est super de se supporter, on reste positif 🙏
    • Yes, you can guess, which is all that's going on in this thread, and isn't particularly useful.
    • Okay, there's a lot to unpack here. First, even if you were interested in work on Bay Street, you can get there from literally any law school in Ontario. It's a misconception to think that you need to go to Osgoode or UofT for that. Hell, there are people from Lakehead working on Bay St. Bay St also recruits from Queens, Western, and Ottawa. Ottawa is likely out for you because they are a big cGPA school. The other schools are all worth a try depending how well you do in your last year. Queens is a B2 school meaning they look at your best two years, UofT is a B3 meaning they look at your best 3 years, Western considers both cGPA and L2 meaning if your cGPA is awful they will consider your last two years, Lakehead and Windsor are both holistic, and Ryerson is a B20 school meaning they consider your best 20 credits. Ottawa and Osgoode are likely out since they are both cGPA schools.  Mental illness can qualify you for access, but you will likely need to get a letter or something from your psychiatrist to verify what you say.  It's difficult to say where you can get in with imaginary stats. If you want to speak hypotheticals, then yes if you get a perfect GPA in your last semester followed with a 170+ LSAT I reckon you'll get into at least a few schools, even with an awful cGPA. But I really need to emphasize that that is such a silly question because you don't have that perfect GPA in your last year followed by a 170+ LSAT. And so, so few people get a 170+ LSAT. Have you taken a diagnostic yet? For most people that is simply out of reach.  Law school is not out of the question for you yet. Just do the best that you can in your following year, try to score the highest LSAT score you can (the idea that you need a 170+ is ridiculous, you could probably still get in somewhere with a 160+), and then come back here with real stats when you're ready to apply. 
    • Bonjour, hi Je suis étudiante au Bacc à l’université de l’UQAM. J’ai 3,88 de GPA en science politique et 66 crédits d’accumulés. J’ai fais ma demande il y a deux jours à l’UQAM et l’UDEM. Qui a reçu des réponses déjà ? sinon quels sont vos statistiques? Venez on se supporte jusqu’aux résultats 🙏🏻🤞🏻