Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, tiptoemaster said:

how was it??

How was the writing test? The process? Or the result?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, spence90 said:

How was the writing test? The process? Or the result?

writing the test, just want to overall experience because I'm writing flex in Jan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, tiptoemaster said:

writing the test, just want to overall experience because I'm writing flex in Jan

I’ve written the LSAT 3 times now, two in person in 2016 and 2017 and now just recently in Oct. In my opinion, the Flex is so much less mentally draining, haven’t got my score back yet but that’s how I felt anyways. I would suggest paying the $99 for the 1-year use of the practice tests LSAC provides and just start pumping those out until test day. They are full length practice tests, 4 sections instead of 3 on the flex, but it prepares you better and you get used to online test format. Hope this helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 10:15 AM, spence90 said:

I’ve written the LSAT 3 times now, two in person in 2016 and 2017 and now just recently in Oct. In my opinion, the Flex is so much less mentally draining, haven’t got my score back yet but that’s how I felt anyways. I would suggest paying the $99 for the 1-year use of the practice tests LSAC provides and just start pumping those out until test day. They are full length practice tests, 4 sections instead of 3 on the flex, but it prepares you better and you get used to online test format. Hope this helps. 

Thanks Spence. :) I got a private tutor so I’m on a strategy schedule with them. I’m glad to hear that the flex wasn’t draining for you! How was the overall online format, did you experience any technical difficulties?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, tiptoemaster said:

Thanks Spence. :) I got a private tutor so I’m on a strategy schedule with them. I’m glad to hear that the flex wasn’t draining for you! How was the overall online format, did you experience any technical difficulties?

For me, I didn't expect to have to download stuff AFTER I pressed "start session" but I did and it's a good thing the Proctor was there and could take over my computer. Although, I was a little confused and nervous at first trying to adjust my settings to ALLOW them to take over my mouse. I wouldn't worry about technical difficulties because if anything comes up, there is ProctorU live chat support (saved my butt at 11PM the night before the exam) and your Proctor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, castlepie said:

For me, I didn't expect to have to download stuff AFTER I pressed "start session" but I did and it's a good thing the Proctor was there and could take over my computer. Although, I was a little confused and nervous at first trying to adjust my settings to ALLOW them to take over my mouse. I wouldn't worry about technical difficulties because if anything comes up, there is ProctorU live chat support (saved my butt at 11PM the night before the exam) and your Proctor.

do you mind explaining the process? is the proctor always on standby?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, tiptoemaster said:

do you mind explaining the process? is the proctor always on standby?

for the Flex exam, yes. for the LSAT writing, no. for the flex, you can actually enter the session about 5 minutes before your scheduled start time. you enter, download the livechat software, wait for a proctor, then they go through and mess with your settings (turn off screenshot and recording abilities etc). after thats done, you read out loud a statement saying basically i agree to terms and conditions, wont reveal exam content, etc. then the proctor gives you the 'ok' to start. i actually started the real exam like 30 minutes after my scheduled 'start' time which i definitely didn't expect. though like i said, i'm so glad the proctor was there because if he wasn't, it would have taken way more than 30 minutes to get all set up, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • Crim. I'm a Crown.   Criminal law courses were the one bright spot of law school for me, for sure.
    • I’m applying to all of them. I have a low GPA so I’m hoping maybe Ryerson, queens, western. But I’m very open to anyone who will take me lmao 
    • My file says "complete ready for review." It also says they received my LSAT score yesterday, but on LSAC it doesn't show they've requested it. I'm assuming they'll wait to request them until the early admissions window is closed (at least).
    • So upon looking at what schools im eligible to apply for, I'm realizing I caluculating my GPA lower than it actually is.    My understanding is Queens and UVIC use 4.33 as well as Dalhousie. All of which im applying to. My CGPA through my degree is 84.8. Am I right to say that this means I have a 4.0 on their scales?    My LSAT is: 162  If that's the case where can I apply with a 4.0 and 162?   
    • I have slightly different advice from the above (although I agree that your perception your peers are better off than you is probably wrong!).  You wrote that you're doing a lot of reading and briefing, but struggling with the application. It sounds like you need to focus more of your study time to that. You can do that through practice questions/tests, but I also just recommend making up your own hypotheticals in your head. I always would try to simplify it to the most basic and relatable terms. A lot of 1Ls say they struggle with the old cases because of the language, but I think it's also that the facts of cases aren't relatable. So try applying the rule to relatable problems. I may not be explaining this well. Feel free to PM me with a rule/case and I can give a concrete example of what I meant.  Learning the law matters so much less than being able to apply it, and it sounds like that's where you're struggling right now. 

×
×
  • Create New...