4 hours ago, tiptoemaster said:

how was it??

How was the writing test? The process? Or the result?

20 hours ago, spence90 said:

How was the writing test? The process? Or the result?

writing the test, just want to overall experience because I'm writing flex in Jan

22 hours ago, tiptoemaster said:

writing the test, just want to overall experience because I'm writing flex in Jan

I’ve written the LSAT 3 times now, two in person in 2016 and 2017 and now just recently in Oct. In my opinion, the Flex is so much less mentally draining, haven’t got my score back yet but that’s how I felt anyways. I would suggest paying the $99 for the 1-year use of the practice tests LSAC provides and just start pumping those out until test day. They are full length practice tests, 4 sections instead of 3 on the flex, but it prepares you better and you get used to online test format. Hope this helps. 

On 10/17/2020 at 10:15 AM, spence90 said:

I’ve written the LSAT 3 times now, two in person in 2016 and 2017 and now just recently in Oct. In my opinion, the Flex is so much less mentally draining, haven’t got my score back yet but that’s how I felt anyways. I would suggest paying the $99 for the 1-year use of the practice tests LSAC provides and just start pumping those out until test day. They are full length practice tests, 4 sections instead of 3 on the flex, but it prepares you better and you get used to online test format. Hope this helps. 

Thanks Spence. :) I got a private tutor so I’m on a strategy schedule with them. I’m glad to hear that the flex wasn’t draining for you! How was the overall online format, did you experience any technical difficulties?

41 minutes ago, tiptoemaster said:

Thanks Spence. :) I got a private tutor so I’m on a strategy schedule with them. I’m glad to hear that the flex wasn’t draining for you! How was the overall online format, did you experience any technical difficulties?

For me, I didn't expect to have to download stuff AFTER I pressed "start session" but I did and it's a good thing the Proctor was there and could take over my computer. Although, I was a little confused and nervous at first trying to adjust my settings to ALLOW them to take over my mouse. I wouldn't worry about technical difficulties because if anything comes up, there is ProctorU live chat support (saved my butt at 11PM the night before the exam) and your Proctor.

49 minutes ago, castlepie said:

For me, I didn't expect to have to download stuff AFTER I pressed "start session" but I did and it's a good thing the Proctor was there and could take over my computer. Although, I was a little confused and nervous at first trying to adjust my settings to ALLOW them to take over my mouse. I wouldn't worry about technical difficulties because if anything comes up, there is ProctorU live chat support (saved my butt at 11PM the night before the exam) and your Proctor.

do you mind explaining the process? is the proctor always on standby?

34 minutes ago, tiptoemaster said:

do you mind explaining the process? is the proctor always on standby?

for the Flex exam, yes. for the LSAT writing, no. for the flex, you can actually enter the session about 5 minutes before your scheduled start time. you enter, download the livechat software, wait for a proctor, then they go through and mess with your settings (turn off screenshot and recording abilities etc). after thats done, you read out loud a statement saying basically i agree to terms and conditions, wont reveal exam content, etc. then the proctor gives you the 'ok' to start. i actually started the real exam like 30 minutes after my scheduled 'start' time which i definitely didn't expect. though like i said, i'm so glad the proctor was there because if he wasn't, it would have taken way more than 30 minutes to get all set up, lol.