JasinNatael

3 Academic References

Hi everyone, I am just about to submit my OLSAS application to Osgoode, Queen's, uOttawa, Western, and Windsor and have a question about referees. OLSAS has received reference letters from 3 profs who I'm quite close with. I am wondering if it will adversely affect my application to have all 3 reference letters done by professors. Not sure if it matters, but I have a 3.63 OLSAS GPA and a 163 LSAT.

Just now, Luckycharm said:

Is there anything you can do if I say it will adversely affect your application? 

Create a new account and ask two of my academic referees to resubmit their letters?

24 minutes ago, JasinNatael said:

Create a new account and ask two of my academic referees to resubmit their letters?

You'd want to check the OLSAS terms and conditions but I'm willing to bet that there's a rule about having multiple accounts. If the schools already received the reference letters then you'd probably have to contact each school directly and ask if they could discount one of your academic references and instead consider your non-academic reference.

However, if there's no way to submit that non-academic reference letter through OLSAS then the schools might not accept it.

On top of that, it would just look bad to the schools that you didn't do this when you had the chance to. 

https://www.ouac.on.ca/faq/changes-after-application-is-submitted/

Use this link to see if you can still amend your application.

Edited by canuckfanatic

I'm confused - why would this hurt your application? Unless you're a mature applicant all your references are supposed to be academic.