4 hours ago, AJD19 said:

If you have a good GPA even an average score is fine.  I had no issues getting in a bunch of schools with a 156. Of course, though, shooting for a 160 should be the goal.

You didn't tell the whole story.

Did you not apply under access/ mature category for some schools?

25 minutes ago, HopefulLawyer8 said:

What was your cGPA and you L2/B2?

Your GPA , B3 and L2 was better than OP too. 

37 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

You didn't tell the whole story.

Did you not apply under access/ mature category for some schools?

Your GPA , B3 and L2 was better than OP too. 

I applied Access/mature yes to I think 2 schools. The bulk of my acceptances though were as as general applicant. 

1 hour ago, HopefulLawyer8 said:

What was your cGPA and you L2/B2?

CGPA was about 3.7, L2 3.9

Started with a 144 on my diagnostic and ended up with a 161 three months later! 10 points is definitely doable!

• Like 1

My diagnostic was 159. I studied using PowerScore for about 2 months and got a 164 on the real thing. 

Then I figured I'd try writing it again just to see if I could do any better. Because I already had a good score in my pocket, I didn't have motivation to study much the 2nd time around (9 months later) and scored 160.

I will always remember that 2nd LSAT attempt though because just a few days prior was my first time trying the devil's lettuce.

One the other hand my diagnostic was 168 and my LSAT was 166, so it can go the other way too. 

I wrote it while sick and severely sleep deprived. Get a proper night sleep and don't overdo it.

I really don't think diagnostics are something that are indicative of what your potential is, it's more how much exposure you have had to that type of problem before. Going from 150 to 160 should be doable.

My oh my gentlemen (ladies?) the poor OP just asked if they were in the ballpark of being admitted (one day) to a Canadian law school! The answer is unequivocally, yes!

A 150 is a great diagnostic. Not perfect (duh). Not able to get you into a Canadian law school (except under very special circumstances). But as a starting point for studying? Absolutely in the ballpark. For context, a jump from the low 150s to the 160s happens regularly where I instruct (to be fair it takes any given student more/less time to do so even when comparing students with similar diagnostic scores and such a jump does not always materialize). 

Search the forums and create a study plan for yourself. Once you have an idea of what is available and you think you have a plan of attack, come back, and we will advise based on what you tell us!