samuellevin

Course conflicts

I know there is a rule about not taking a course that at some point overlaps with another, but has anyone ever had any experience with Osgoode actually kicking students out of such courses? With classes being online and many not even being live, there aren't as many issues with taking a course that overlaps. So, just wondering if anyone has any experience with how strict the school is with this?

I have heard of one student who tried to do this with multiple Osgoode course and was asked to leave one of them. I knew of another student who tried to take multiple overlapping Osgoode courses and got away with it. This same student also took multiple York courses which conflicted with Osgoode courses and they got away with it (why they took York courses while in law school is beyond me...). 

Outside of these results, I'm not entirely sure what the actual process is like for watching and enforcing this rule. Perhaps it isn't even watched, but I'm not sure it is really worth the risk to just do it. I think that maybe if the classes do not conflict exam wise and do not do synchronous learning, you may be able to make a case to the Dean for permission to assume the risk. Outside of being granted permission, I'm not sure the risk is worth it.