SubjectiveAppliant

Chances for 2021 Fall (3.87, 3.89 B2, 154)

Hi all!

I am retaking the LSAT this October after having taken it already in July. I need some sort of reassurance going into this LSAT. Last LSAT I scored a 154 whereas my practice tests were low to mid 160s. I panicked like I have never done before during my LSAT. I need to know what my chances are if for whatever reason I wasn't able to improve my LSAT score in this coming test. 

Credentials: 

cGPA: 3.87 

L2: 3.87

B3: 3.89

LSAT: 154

Volunteer experience:

-Teaching Assistant twice

-Undergraduate Research Fellowship 

- CEOx1Day Program Semi Finalist

- Created my own university club aiming to raise awareness about mental health issues and have a positive impact on the university.

- Director of Internal Affairs for Science Council

- Promotional Crew for the Student Union

I specifically want to get into Osgoode so anything would be helpful honestly. 

Thanks!

With your current LSAT it's not impossible but a lot of work to do in your application. Os is holistic though. Especially if you can explain the LSAT score with a real reason you may do better. If logic games are your weakness this is a good time to rewrite they have recently been eliminated.

Bring the LSAT up five points and you can be much more confident. 

Bring it upwards 8-10 and you can be really confident. 

• Like 1

On 9/8/2020 at 1:58 PM, SubjectiveAppliant said:

Hi all!

I am retaking the LSAT this October after having taken it already in July. I need some sort of reassurance going into this LSAT. Last LSAT I scored a 154 whereas my practice tests were low to mid 160s. I panicked like I have never done before during my LSAT. I need to know what my chances are if for whatever reason I wasn't able to improve my LSAT score in this coming test. 

Credentials: 

cGPA: 3.87 

L2: 3.87

B3: 3.89

LSAT: 154

Volunteer experience:

-Teaching Assistant twice

-Undergraduate Research Fellowship 

- CEOx1Day Program Semi Finalist

- Created my own university club aiming to raise awareness about mental health issues and have a positive impact on the university.

- Director of Internal Affairs for Science Council

- Promotional Crew for the Student Union

I specifically want to get into Osgoode so anything would be helpful honestly. 

Thanks!

hire a private tutor.

154 will kill your chance

• Like 2

8 hours ago, JimmyMcGill said:

With your current LSAT it's not impossible but a lot of work to do in your application. Os is holistic though. Especially if you can explain the LSAT score with a real reason you may do better. If logic games are your weakness this is a good time to rewrite they have recently been eliminated.

Bring the LSAT up five points and you can be much more confident. 

Bring it upwards 8-10 and you can be really confident. 

Who said they've been eliminated? I thought they eliminated the second logical reasoning section. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jdapplicant1996 said:

Who said they've been eliminated? I thought they eliminated the second logical reasoning section. 

LG is not eliminated yet. They have plans of taking it out but the August exam still had an LG section. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dreamchaser said:

LG is not eliminated yet. They have plans of taking it out but the August exam still had an LG section. 

Where are you getting this information? The October LSAT had logic games. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, jdapplicant1996 said:

Where are you getting this information? The October LSAT had logic games. 

Yes. I said it is still there but there was news about it eventually being eventually eliminated. Source: my August flex exam lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It is commonly known that an LSAT FLEX has 3 sections: LG, RC, LR.

This differs from a typical (in person) 5 section LSAT: LG. RC, TWO LR sections, and an unscored experimental section.

This is further confirmed because I took an LSAT FLEX today.

Now, the elimination of LG in a few years has nothing to do with LSAT FLEX vs. in person LSAT. And it will not be for a few years.

Hi!

I just graduated from Oz but got in with very similar stats to you-  3.92 CGPA and a 155.

I also did not have the breadth of volunteer experience that you had, nor did I mention my abysmal score in my application. 

I know in the past there have been profs on the committee that specifically advocate for students who have low LSATs and high GPAs. 

That being said, I don't think you're out of the running at all, but a few points higher would definitely give you some reassurance.

Best of luck!

On 10/7/2020 at 12:18 PM, SassyLaw07 said:

Hi!

I just graduated from Oz but got in with very similar stats to you-  3.92 CGPA and a 155.

I also did not have the breadth of volunteer experience that you had, nor did I mention my abysmal score in my application. 

I know in the past there have been profs on the committee that specifically advocate for students who have low LSATs and high GPAs. 

That being said, I don't think you're out of the running at all, but a few points higher would definitely give you some reassurance.

Best of luck!

Hello!

I really appreciate you sharing your experience! I just recently got into queue and I just wanted to ask if you remember your timeline of acceptance. Of course it varies but I am just curious as to when I should expect to hear back.

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, SubjectiveAppliant said:

Hello!

I really appreciate you sharing your experience! I just recently got into queue and I just wanted to ask if you remember your timeline of acceptance. Of course it varies but I am just curious as to when I should expect to hear back.

Thanks!

There really is no way to know when you should expect to hear back. As Ryn has posted frequently about being In Queue: 

"I say this every year but that never seems to stop the speculation. As far as I or anyone knows, when you get into queue has no bearing on when you receive an offer (if you get one at all)..."

• Thanks 1

On 22/01/2021 at 1:23 PM, SubjectiveAppliant said:

Hello!

Thanks!

Hi, 

As Erin mentioned, going into queue doesn't really have any reflection of when or whether  you'll be accepted. With that said though, I believe I was in queue in March/April and was accepted early May. I wasn't really paying attention to Oz because I applied just for the sake of trying, and had no expectations of getting in lol. But lots of  people do get in later in the cycle! 

• Thanks 2