zxcvbnm

Is your Canadian law school online this Winter?

Hi, 

I am (impatiently) waiting on directive from the law school I attend about whether or not the Winter term will be online as well.

I was wondering if any current students at any of the Canadian law schools know of any developments at their own law schools? Even if you don't know yet, would you mind replying to this post with that? That would also be beneficial information. 

I noticed that my school followed the lead of many other Canadian law schools when it came time to decide the status of the Fall term which is why I ask. Hoping for some insight!

Thank you in advance!

Edited by zxcvbnm
additional ques.

Windsor hasn’t made a decision as of yet, but they will let us know soon. My guess is that our law school will go online during the Winter since most students who go here live nowhere near Windsor. 

• Like 1

Western upper years are online all year (with exceptions for certain classes like Trial Advocacy), 1Ls are mostly in person but have the option of doing the year online

Edited by lewcifer
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, OnlyResident said:

It depends at UofT for first years. But I believe most are in-person unless they opted for remote learning for the year. 

Yeah, we were told 95% of 1Ls chose to do the Winter semester in person

• Like 2

UofT allows you to go in-person or online. And if you opt for in-person you can later switch to online. 

• Like 1

UVic will be primarily online. I am not sure if there are actually any exceptions, though the language used does leave some space for them to be made.

-GM

• Like 1

Manitoba is online now for Fall and leaning towards in-person for Winter, but no official decisions yet. At this point, I'd prefer it be online. I'd rather not have to move in January just to move back in May.

• Like 1

Queen’s has the option of online the whole year, But a few (maybe half?) of my 1L courses are in person (starting next week or so, as public health directives required a 2 week quarantine if coming from outside Kingston area). I imagine that the university administration would not be able to say with certainty that winter term will be in person (even if it’s plan A). A big second wave, a school outbreak, etc. will necessitate online teaching - and can happen at any time really. 

• Like 1

Not attending U of C, but just reading off their website, they’re intending to “welcome students back on site” for winter. But did mention things might change.... the optimist in me hopes for a blended format at UOttawa 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2020 at 6:35 PM, masterofnut said:

Yeah, we were told 95% of 1Ls chose to do the Winter semester in person

That's crazy! I personally would not.