GMK8998

General Questions for 2021 Admissions

Good evening to all!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I’d like to start a thread for new applicants, guiding them towards the admission process. In fact, I am going to be a first time applicant and have a few questions for past applicants, if you guys would be so kind as to help us newbies out. 

1- Is it better to apply early, or wait for new grades to come out (if we know we’d get a better cGPA by January)?

2- Do universities allow for updated applicant GPA scores?

3- When is the earliest that applicants are accepted?

Thank you all in advance! 

For new applicants, feel free to add to the discussion with your own questions and comments! 

Also,

4- Do I have to submit my TFI scores before getting accepted? Or can I get accepted, with pending TFI results?

Edited by GMK8998

31 minutes ago, GMK8998 said:

Good evening to all!

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. I’d like to start a thread for new applicants, guiding them towards the admission process. In fact, I am going to be a first time applicant and have a few questions for past applicants, if you guys would be so kind as to help us newbies out. 

1- Is it better to apply early, or wait for new grades to come out (if we know we’d get a better cGPA by January)?

For new applicants, feel free to add to the discussion with your own questions and comments! 

1. not sure. i applied with a completed degree

2. depends

3. usually around February 

29 minutes ago, GMK8998 said:

Also,

4- Do I have to submit my TFI scores before getting accepted? Or can I get accepted, with pending TFI results?

schools will offer admission pending TFI scores

45 minutes ago, GMK8998 said:

Good evening to all!

1. So, many universities take the Fall term into consideration, but not all. So, this is dependent on the university you're applying to.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by this.

3. I've done my fair share of checking out the "Accepted" threads and people have been accepted as early as December. 

On 8/31/2020 at 8:10 PM, SimmmiSS said:

1. So, many universities take the Fall term into consideration, but not all. So, this is dependent on the university you're applying to.

2. I'm not sure what you mean by this.

3. I've done my fair share of checking out the "Accepted" threads and people have been accepted as early as December. 

For #2, as in, can I submit an updated CGPA to my application. 

2 hours ago, GMK8998 said:

For #2, as in, can I submit an updated CGPA to my application. 

Honestly, I am not sure. I would reach out to the schools you are applying to and ask this question. 

Also, would anyone know if civil law schools such as UdM, Laval, and Sherb care about upward trends. Ended my first semester with a term gpa of 2.8, but has been going up since, (most recent term gpa of 3.92). Nevertheless, stuck with a CGPA of 3.4. 

6 minutes ago, switch said:

Does taking the January LSAT significantly reduce your chances of getting accepted? 

LSATs are only of worth for McGill and schools outside of Quebec. Otherwise, I would not know the impact of an LSAT in January. 

Edited by GMK8998

9 minutes ago, GMK8998 said:

LSATs are only of worth for McGill and schools outside of Quebec. Otherwise, I would not know the impact of an LSAT in January. 

Oh my mistake! I'm still kind of new to the forum and didn't see this was a civil law forum.