Jump to content
Thrive92

Does TRU break up the L20 by semester/academic year?

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, lh22 said:

What a bizarre decision by TRU. My GPA is relatively consistent, but, like... bruh. That's a year's worth of classes being excluded. And a year's worth of upper level courses that they're not using for evaluation, at least for anyone who isn't graduated yet. This means they're dipping into my first year to get 15. I mean, they're welcome to my grade from PSYC 101, but how is that useful in determining my performance in more challenging work?

Ya I have to agree:( A couple schools are doing similar things as well which is making me nervous. It really makes a difference to my GPA so its certainly a bit frustrating. But what can ya do 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@culitigator This is completely unrelated to the conversation, but you've been on this forum for months and I just now realized that your handle is cu-litigator and not, in fact, cut-litigator. I thought you were trying to be the world's buffest lawyer or something. 

Anyway... which other schools are doing GPA calculations like TRU? This is definitely frustrating, since the most common improvement of people's grades is in third and fourth year, so it's odd that schools would exclude so much of it (at least for those applying in fourth/fifth). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lh22 said:

@culitigator This is completely unrelated to the conversation, but you've been on this forum for months and I just now realized that your handle is cu-litigator and not, in fact, cut-litigator. I thought you were trying to be the world's buffest lawyer or something. 

Anyway... which other schools are doing GPA calculations like TRU? This is definitely frustrating, since the most common improvement of people's grades is in third and fourth year, so it's odd that schools would exclude so much of it (at least for those applying in fourth/fifth). 

HAHA no it's meant to be a play on "see you later gator"! Of the schools I'm applying to, I think just TRU and Alberta. Ontario schools will consider the grades if you have them. The other out of province school I'm looking at is dal but I haven't heard from them yet (I emailed the other day). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, culitigator said:

HAHA no it's meant to be a play on "see you later gator"! Of the schools I'm applying to, I think just TRU and Alberta. Ontario schools will consider the grades if you have them. The other out of province school I'm looking at is dal but I haven't heard from them yet (I emailed the other day). 

I didn't know UofA was doing that but I just checked and you're right, they're excluding Winter. I've applied at Dal too but haven't heard what they're doing about it yet either. 

"See you later 'gator" definitely makes more sense. I'll, uh, show myself out.:rolling:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, lh22 said:

I didn't know UofA was doing that but I just checked and you're right, they're excluding Winter. I've applied at Dal too but haven't heard what they're doing about it yet either. 

"See you later 'gator" definitely makes more sense. I'll, uh, show myself out.:rolling:

haha its alright. I've been on here for a few months and I don't think anyone has gotten it :')

if i hear back from dal i will PM you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2020 at 5:05 PM, culitigator said:

haha its alright. I've been on here for a few months and I don't think anyone has gotten it :')

if i hear back from dal i will PM you!

Hey could you also please let me know what Dal says? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lwyrup2021 said:

Hey could you also please let me know what Dal says? 

Absolutely! Still waiting for a reply for them fyi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...