Thrive92

Does TRU break up the L20 by semester/academic year?

11 minutes ago, lh22 said:

What a bizarre decision by TRU. My GPA is relatively consistent, but, like... bruh. That's a year's worth of classes being excluded. And a year's worth of upper level courses that they're not using for evaluation, at least for anyone who isn't graduated yet. This means they're dipping into my first year to get 15. I mean, they're welcome to my grade from PSYC 101, but how is that useful in determining my performance in more challenging work?

Ya I have to agree:( A couple schools are doing similar things as well which is making me nervous. It really makes a difference to my GPA so its certainly a bit frustrating. But what can ya do 

@culitigator This is completely unrelated to the conversation, but you've been on this forum for months and I just now realized that your handle is cu-litigator and not, in fact, cut-litigator. I thought you were trying to be the world's buffest lawyer or something. 

Anyway... which other schools are doing GPA calculations like TRU? This is definitely frustrating, since the most common improvement of people's grades is in third and fourth year, so it's odd that schools would exclude so much of it (at least for those applying in fourth/fifth). 

10 minutes ago, lh22 said:

@culitigator This is completely unrelated to the conversation, but you've been on this forum for months and I just now realized that your handle is cu-litigator and not, in fact, cut-litigator. I thought you were trying to be the world's buffest lawyer or something. 

Anyway... which other schools are doing GPA calculations like TRU? This is definitely frustrating, since the most common improvement of people's grades is in third and fourth year, so it's odd that schools would exclude so much of it (at least for those applying in fourth/fifth). 

HAHA no it's meant to be a play on "see you later gator"! Of the schools I'm applying to, I think just TRU and Alberta. Ontario schools will consider the grades if you have them. The other out of province school I'm looking at is dal but I haven't heard from them yet (I emailed the other day). 

18 minutes ago, culitigator said:

HAHA no it's meant to be a play on "see you later gator"! Of the schools I'm applying to, I think just TRU and Alberta. Ontario schools will consider the grades if you have them. The other out of province school I'm looking at is dal but I haven't heard from them yet (I emailed the other day). 

I didn't know UofA was doing that but I just checked and you're right, they're excluding Winter. I've applied at Dal too but haven't heard what they're doing about it yet either. 

"See you later 'gator" definitely makes more sense. I'll, uh, show myself out.:rolling:

31 minutes ago, lh22 said:

I didn't know UofA was doing that but I just checked and you're right, they're excluding Winter. I've applied at Dal too but haven't heard what they're doing about it yet either. 

"See you later 'gator" definitely makes more sense. I'll, uh, show myself out.:rolling:

haha its alright. I've been on here for a few months and I don't think anyone has gotten it :')

if i hear back from dal i will PM you!

On 9/21/2020 at 5:05 PM, culitigator said:

haha its alright. I've been on here for a few months and I don't think anyone has gotten it :')

if i hear back from dal i will PM you!

Hey could you also please let me know what Dal says? 

11 hours ago, lwyrup2021 said:

Hey could you also please let me know what Dal says? 

Absolutely! Still waiting for a reply for them fyi