TheGeneral

Long Term Posters Why do you Post?

On 8/23/2020 at 2:06 PM, chaboywb said:

I didnt know anyone in the legal field when I began considering law school. I was in life sciences and competing against students who had 4.0 GPAs and talked about nothing but med school, all day every day. I was not one of those perfect students and assumed the entrance barrier for law was just as high. After graduating undergrad with my biology degree and zero relevant experience, I truly believed I was at a dead end while (unsuccessfully) searching for minimum wage lab tech jobs.

This forum was the only way I was able to candidly learn about the profession and is honestly the reason I pursued a legal career. I'll never forget the day I found the old "rate my chances" thread, took my first practice LSAT, and realized I could actually get into law school with my stats. Threads about dressing professionally (I thought a black suit was the peak of business professional), what to put in a personal statement or cover letter, how to handle stress in 1L, how to nail an OCI, etc. have saved me many times. Four years ago, I truly could not have imagined that I'd someday be working in downtown Toronto making a near six figure income. And I owe a TON of gratification to the posters on this forum, who have been more helpful than any CDO, recruiter, lawyer, or upper year student I've spoken to.

Story of my life

Edited by student0033

I know this doesn’t contribute much to the convo, and yeah it was months ago (late to the party as always), but I just gotta say that @artsydork’s text rainbow kind of made my evening.

Edited by GreyDude
  • Like 2