Sign in to follow this  
Lawschool2021

Chances? cGPA: 3.77 OLSAS, L2:3:86, LSAT: 156

14 hours ago, Lawschool2021 said:

Disappointing that my lsat is dragging me down. Aiming for 160 for the August test but what’s my chance if it doesn’t happen?

I guess that getting in Osgoode may be more competitive this year than previous years due to the LSAT Flex. I have already witnessed significant amount people with an LSAT score of 170+.

Edited by ArchivesandMuseums

14 hours ago, Lawschool2021 said:

Disappointing that my lsat is dragging me down. Aiming for 160 for the August test but what’s my chance if it doesn’t happen?

hire a private tutor

1 hour ago, ArchivesandMuseums said:

I guess that getting in Osgoode may be more competitive this year than previous years due to the LSAT Flex. I have already witnessed significant amount people with an LSAT score of 170+.

I concur. it is going to be interesting to see how inflated LSAT scores are this year 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• R v Miller. Criminal law case where a squatter lights a cigarette then falls asleep. He awakes to find the mattress he's sleeping on is on fire. Instead of attempting to put it out or vacating the premises he gets up, goes to a different room, and goes back to his nap. Next time he wakes up the whole house is on fire.
    • Meads v. Meads [4]               OPCA litigants do not express any stereotypic beliefs other than a general rejection of court and state authority; nor do they fall into any common social or professional association. Arguments and claims of this nature emerge in all kinds of legal proceedings and all levels of Courts and tribunals. This group is unified by: 1.            a characteristic set of strategies (somewhat different by group) that they employ,  2.            specific but irrelevant formalities and language which they appear to believe are (or portray as) significant, and  3.            the commercial sources from which their ideas and materials originate. This category of litigant shares one other critical characteristic: they will only honour state, regulatory, contract, family, fiduciary, equitable, and criminal obligations if they feel like it. And typically, they don’t.
    • Think about the opportunity cost of a year. Writing a short story anthology? Volunteering for the peace corps with your undergrad? Work experience? Unless there's absolutely no way of getting in with your current transcript, you'd be better off studying for the LSAT in your spare time. 
    • For Vancouver OCIs, I was told repeatedly that you're unlikely to get an interview if you have a sub-3.0 GPA. Generally that proved to be true. If you have a 2.9X, you might be able to get a couple of interviews if another part of your application stands out. Below a 2.9, I don't think there's much you can do to get an interview. The one exception to this seems to be IP firms - if you have a STEM degree you can possibly swing a job at an IP boutique with a sub-3.0 GPA. What do you mean by relevant work experience? Firms generally won't care if you worked as a legal assistant on Bay St. before law school. One of the most sought after students in my class had a degree and work experience in resource extraction, which was super attractive to the big firms in Vancouver that do a lot of mining/oil/environmental law.