GoblinKing

Number of Courses for BestTwo Years

Posted (edited)

Hi folks, 

I was wondering what the number of courses Queen's uses to calculate your best two year's average is? Is it your best consecutive 8 courses (e.g. full time) or your best consecutive 10 courses (full course load). 

Edited by GoblinKing

The number of courses does not matter if you meet the minimum number they want. It's just the best two years, whether that is 8 courses or 10. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

The number of courses does not matter if you meet the minimum number they want. It's just the best two years, whether that is 8 courses or 10. 

Thanks

Actually, I disagree. It is your last 10 courses. This is how they calculate your best 2.

6 minutes ago, lawcat said:

Actually, I disagree. It is your last 10 courses. This is how they calculate your best 2.

Queens calculates your best two using your last ten courses? What? 

OP, just email Queens and ask. It’s not clear whether full course load means eight or 10 courses, and what they do if your best two years don’t conform with their course load requirement. 

• Like 1

This question keeps coming up, and keeps getting answered to varying levels of satisfaction by people calling and reporting back what they heard. I think Queen's could save themselves a lot of phone calls if they would just specify, right on their website, what they mean by best two years. 

If I recall correctly from last cycle, it's your two best fall-winter full years at 80% courseload (averaged over the two terms). It cannot include summers; it has to be two series of consecutive fall-winters.

But I can't provide a citation, so why should you believe me? I wouldn't! ;)

-GM

10 minutes ago, GrumpyMountie said:

This question keeps coming up, and keeps getting answered to varying levels of satisfaction by people calling and reporting back what they heard. I think Queen's could save themselves a lot of phone calls if they would just specify, right on their website, what they mean by best two years. 

If I recall correctly from last cycle, it's your two best fall-winter full years at 80% courseload (averaged over the two terms). It cannot include summers; it has to be two series of consecutive fall-winters.

But I can't provide a citation, so why should you believe me? I wouldn't! ;)

-GM

That basically means only my first two years are eligible because I was in a COOP program and did alternate semesters at a job. It's not a huge deal though because my GPA doesn't have substantial fluctuations. 

For posterity -- the admissions office has verified that it is your best two years of fall/winter grades taken at at least 4 courses. Some accommodations are made for people in COOP.