Sign in to follow this  
Liavas

Chances? (L2 3.75, LSAT 160)

Oh boy, my obligatory chances post now that the scores are out, haha. 

So unfortunately I only have an L2 for my GPA because I've just entered fourth year, and my first year was at a different school so I haven't seen the transcripts in a long time (in any case, I got 80s and 90s in first year, so if anything it would raise it). That being said, my overall average is probably going to stick around 81-82%, but if drops and first year are included it may be closer to 84%. Reference letters will likely be average, my work experience is consistent but unremarkable, nothing else notable for ECs except for some volunteer work right before first year.

UVic would absolutely be my first choice but I think my score is probably too low to bother applying there. 

Still thinking of applying at UofA, TRU, UCal, UNB, and one or both of Dal and Queens. Not sure if I should bother with UBC and UVic. (Potentially willing to consider other Ontario schools not currently listed if I don't bother with UBC/UVic.)

For L2 schools you mentioned, including TRU, Alberta, Calg, Dal, Queens you are in. For UBC and UVic calculate your GPA with drops and post your index score here to give a better idea of your chances of getting accepted there 

If I've calculated correctly (using only my L2), my index for UVic is 871.25, and for UBC is 90.63. Based off the threads where I got the formulas, these are too low, correct?

Edited by lh22

Was able to get hold of my old uni's transcripts. Unfortunately for me they use letters and not percentages like I thought, so converting them and doing respective drops still gives me nearly identical indexes of 90.66 and 872.5 so lol. Sounds like a no-go. 

CGPA is 3.8/4.33.

On another note, looks like I was on the Dean's List for my previous uni. Do I bother mentioning that in my PS?

Edited by lh22

"Do I bother mentioning that in my PS?"

It is entirely up to you. However, there is a word count limit and you will use up a few words.