Sign in to follow this  
dwight98

Scotia LOC disbursement

My scotia adviser told me a week ago that they disbursed the funds for my student LOC. But the balance still shows $0 for the LOC on my account, does this mean it hasn't been released yet? Not sure if its normal for it take this long. 

The balance reflects the amount of money you’ve spent. If they’ve opened up access to your credit, there should be a “credit limit” or similar somewhere on the account page (I believe it’s only visible on the website, not mobile app). 

• Like 1

You have to transfer funds from your line of credit into a bank account. It should list your available balance. The advisor should have given you a quick tutorial (mine did) on how to do this on a desktop and the mobile app. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BlockedQuebecois said:

The balance reflects the amount of money you’ve spent. If they’ve opened up access to your credit, there should be a “credit limit” or similar somewhere on the account page (I believe it’s only visible on the website, not mobile app). 

I found the "credit limit" and it says $0... guess I will email them to see if everything's ok. Thank you. 

8 minutes ago, Fuzzykittenz said:

You have to transfer funds from your line of credit into a bank account. It should list your available balance. The advisor should have given you a quick tutorial (mine did) on how to do this on a desktop and the mobile app. 

Yeah it won't even let me use the transfer function because I only have one active account (the chequing account). Thanks for the info.