Lawlsohard

Ottawa & Non-Toronto Articling Recruit 2021-2022

On 7/31/2020 at 9:24 PM, Lawlsohard said:

Has anyone heard back from Ottawa firms & gov depts yet? 

I got an email from Gowling this morning.  First interviews look like the week of the 17th, with second interviews on the 24th-25th. 

Posted (edited)

Bell Baker sent emails this morning. 

Anyone hear from DOJ or CRTC? 🤞 

Edited by Lawlsohard
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, blonderachelzane said:

I heard from Ross & McBride

They're conducting their interviews in-person which I found odd. All my other interviews have been via videoconference so far. 

2 minutes ago, 40lawz said:

They're conducting their interviews in-person which I found odd. All my other interviews have been via videoconference so far. 

Yeah it has been a mix of both for me to be honest! 

On 8/5/2020 at 4:36 PM, Lawlsohard said:

Bell Baker sent emails this morning. 

Anyone hear from DOJ or CRTC? 🤞 

DOJ sent some emails yesterday

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, futurelawyer20 said:

Has anyone heard back from Public Interest/Gov places (DOJ, Amnesty, etc)? 

DOJ has sent emails. Make sure you check all email accounts linked to your GC Jobs account.

23 minutes ago, legallynotblonde9 said:

Just as an update, they are doing second interviews.

Thanks for the update! Obviously disappointing not to get a second interview but at least I don't waste the next week thinking I still had a chance. 😀

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PowderedBigWig said:

Has anyone heard anything from the City of Ottawa, PIAC or the CRTC? I’m trying to be hopeful that I haven’t just struck out completely! 

I haven't heard back from PIAC or the City of Ottawa yet either!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recent Posts

• I'm genuinely curious as I ask this - it's not unusual for me to be contacted by counsel on an unrelated matter asking me if my client has appealed a certain decision as they want to rely on it for their own case. In that circumstance, would you view it that you're not in a position to acknowledge that you're counsel for that client, and that you would need to seek your client's instructions before being able to respond in any way? (Let's assume an appeal was completed but unreported, or that the appeal period has long since passed. I'm not talking about a situation where the decision to appeal or not can still be made).
    • Lol good luck. I signed up to use some of their digital practice tests and months later I was still getting phone calls and text messages. I wouldn't give them a penny. 
    • Agree with this. Without a diagnostic you won't know whether you should do October, November, or January. But I will say that most people need more than 3 months.  https://7sage.com/the-three-worst-lsat-mistakes/ Don't rush a test like the LSAT. It's one of the major components of your law school application and it's not good for your headspace. Come back with a score (maybe it's really good!) and we can help you more. The kind of score band you would need also depends on what your GPA is (cGPA, L2, B2). Of course the better the LSAT score the better but if you've got an amazing GPA then that at least gives you more room to breathe. One thing to note about disclosed vs. not disclosed. If Flex ends up continuing, there's a good chance that a disclosed administration might end up becoming non-disclosed. And I would bet that Flex continues through until at least the end of this year, with how COVID is still messing around with everything. 
    • The average GPA was 3.7 / 4.33  (L20) and  The average LSAT is 160. With no ECs / work experience you will have a long shot. I suggest you apply to SasK as well. Once you get 160+ a lot of doors will open for you (Alberta, Calgary, Manitoba, UNB, DAL, etc).
    • Maybe I'm too pessimistic but at a truly small firm, I would assume the lawyer is thinking of paying you minimum wage or something close to it.