mixnstir

Living Location With Online Classes 2019-2020 Year

Hey everyone,

I recently accepted an offer to Windsor Law and I'm starting to do some research about the upcoming year. Most law schools are going online this year and Windsor Law made a statement that basically says that it is not necessary to be in Windsor for the upcoming 2019-2020 academic year. I just wanted to know if anyone else is sort of freaking out about their living situation for the upcoming year, regardless of the school you're going to.

Are people planning at living at home to cut costs (if that's an option for you)? Living in the city that the school you are going to is? Otherwise?

I want to get some opinions and find out what others have thought about this. I'm also a little disappointed that classes and orientation are not in-person, as I'm a pretty social person and was looking forward to making friends or at least a study group.

Do you feel like you can get a lot of readings done where you are? Do you feel like you'll have a quiet space for assignments or to watch lectures? 

If you CAN do school at home, and save some rent, without sacrificing grades/ability to study/whatever else keeps you sane (maybe you desperately feel the need to get out of the house, especially if you've never moved out before), I'd do it. Law school is expensive. If you can save some money, I'd recommend it.

That being said, if you feel like you can't/don't want to stay at home another year, look at what's for recent in the city where your school is. Odds are, you'll need a spot for next year anyway. If you see a good place at a rent you can afford, and you were planning on moving out anyway, might as well secure a spot you like since you'll need it eventually anyway,

@TobyFlenderson thank you for the kind advice. Personally, I'm leaning towards moving to the city where my school is. Like you said, I could potentially find a place that I like that I could keep the upcoming years. As for all the other factors you listed.. for me they point toward moving away from home. I haven't lived at home for more than a few months in years and I'm just not sure my sanity will stay intact which is NOT worth living cost of the year in another city 😅

@Trew you let me know when Elon has a hard date for Mars colonization. I'll be a guinea pig.

• Haha 1