jdhopeful16

Potential Score Cancellation

Hello, I was just wondering if cancelling an LSAT score would be viewed in a negative light by law schools that you apply to? Or would they not care as much since there is no score for them to look at? Thanks in advance.

I had the same question. I wasn't sure if schools would be able to see if you used the score cancellation option or not. Considering everything is so crazy already, would love to see people weigh in on this. 

I don't know what schools think of it, but I know that cancelled scores are still reported to OLSAS. On OLSAS, it lists the test date, and then where the score should be is just blank

Edited by treehugger

All the school sees is a regular cancellation notification, they will not see that you score previewed and then cancelled :) That aside, they don't care about cancels because they don't know why it happened. You could have been sick, or maybe there was a technical problem with your test. They don't automatically presume it's because you did poorly! To them it's a void they basically ignore, and instead they focus on what they can see (your score, grades, essays, etc).

On 7/10/2020 at 10:57 AM, DKilloranPowerScore said:

All the school sees is a regular cancellation notification, they will not see that you score previewed and then cancelled :) That aside, they don't care about cancels because they don't know why it happened. You could have been sick, or maybe there was a technical problem with your test. They don't automatically presume it's because you did poorly! To them it's a void they basically ignore, and instead they focus on what they can see (your score, grades, essays, etc).

Thank you for your response

Unless you’re applying to one of the few schools that cares about your average LSAT (Alberta, mainly), there’s not much benefit to cancelling a score. I think the score cancellation option is really more about the American schools that care about average scores