JasinNatael

163 LSAT - should I rewrite?

I'm just wondering if I should rewrite in August. I have a 3.64 OLSAS GPA, so I feel like I should try bump my score up to a 165-166 to ideally get into Osgoode, but am worried about potentially doing worse than a 163. Would Ontario schools see a potential drop in my score as a factor in admissions? 

I'm pretty sure they only consider your best LSAT score and no school in Ontario averages your LSAT scores I believe.

8 minutes ago, JasinNatael said:

I'm just wondering if I should rewrite in August. I have a 3.64 OLSAS GPA, so I feel like I should try bump my score up to a 165-166 to ideally get into Osgoode, but am worried about potentially doing worse than a 163. Would Ontario schools see a potential drop in my score as a factor in admissions? 

•  

I would say a 3.64 & 163 and a 3.64 & 165 are virtually equivalent for admissions purposes. It would be a better use of your time, money, and effort to do something that will better enrich you. 

Been a little while since I applied but IIRC a 3.64 and a 163 LSAT might be good enough for Osgoode. Check out past accepted threads to get a better idea.

Posted (edited)

I personally think your raw statistics are perfectly competitive as they stand, and that the time you would spend studying to improve your score a likely marginal amount could be better utilized for the purposes of drafting and editing your personal statement(s). Osgoode receives more applications than any other school in Ontario as far as I am aware, and regardless of if your LSAT score is a 163, 165, or even a 167, there will be others competing for the limited amount of seats in the class with similar scores (+2/-2 points). Your personal statement and sketch are the aspects of your application to a competitive and holistic school like Osgoode that may ultimately individuate you from similar others and sell your case to the admissions committee. I was admitted to Osgoode during the most recent admissions cycle with a lower GPA (3.7) and LSAT score (158), and I believe my personal statement and sketch played a significant role in the decision made on my application. 

Edited by LabouriousCorvid
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, LabouriousCorvid said:

I was admitted to Osgoode during the most recent admissions cycle with a lower GPA (3.7) and LSAT score (158), and I believe my personal statement and sketch played a significant role in the decision made on my application. 

Do you mind me asking what was in your personal statement?

Rewrite to be safe. I got rejected first round this year with a 3.65 162. I thought I was in good shape based on previous years threads but obviously not. 

1 hour ago, HopefulLawyer97 said:

Rewrite to be safe. I got rejected first round this year with a 3.65 162. I thought I was in good shape based on previous years threads but obviously not. 

Where did you apply?