Sign in to follow this  
Serenitytomorrow

PSLOC question

Would securing funds first through a PSLOC affect my chances of receiving federal and provincial Government loans or bursaries/financial aid from the University this fall?

My province has yet to release applications for student loans. According to their aid estimator I’m eligible to receive loans but it won’t cover things completely. I’ve gotten in touch with my local branch and applied  for a line of credit. 

I’d obviously like to maximize my ability to receive financial aid from school. However, I’m worried my access to credit from the bank will hurt my chances. Anyone have some advice on how to proceed? 

20 hours ago, WindsorHopeful said:

A PSLOC is available debt, not an asset. It will not affect your chances.

Agree... at least for Alberta

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Recent Posts

• Can confirm, Yoni knows his stuff! I wouldn’t work for him otherwise 😉 Yoni’s reputation is well deserved, and it is very likely that you’ll be happy with the tutoring package. But it is important to keep in mind that when deciding on an instructor/tutor, the tutor knowing their stuff doesn’t necessarily translate into tangible benefits for every student they teach. Naturally minds will think about things differently and how a particular instructor explains the exam may resonate for some but not for others! That’s why I always recommend booking a single session before committing to a package or course (this goes for any prep company / tutor you’re looking at). That way you can decide if a tutor’s method of thought resonates with you. If it does, you’re good to go! If not, then great, you didn’t drop money on 10 lessons that you’ll be annoyed that you signed up for! With HarvardReady specifically, if you shoot Yoni an email, I’m sure he’d agree roll a single session into a package of 10 if you decide he’s the right fit. If you have any other questions about Harvard Ready feel free to send Yoni an email or ask me here!
    • A Ford (truck) can carry tons of Apples😇
    • Would you buy an apple product in 1976? Probably not. 44 years later in 2020 maybe. Bad analogy.   
    • If your friend's anxiety is so bad that he cannot engage with online forums, then law may not be an ideal career choice.