LAWandHOCKEY

Waitlisted 2020 (Ottawa)

6 minutes ago, Needmoreluck said:

Does anyone know the waitlist will have numbers or  not?

It will not. Ottawa stopped doing this. 

4 hours ago, easttowest said:

It will not. Ottawa stopped doing this. 

Thanks for the reply.  The waitlist is not moving yet so far. So I assumed the class is already full and no spot opened yet. Why they make waitlists?

2 minutes ago, Needmoreluck said:

Thanks for the reply.  The waitlist is not moving yet so far. So I assumed the class is already full and no spot opened yet. Why they make waitlists?

In case someone declines their offer and a spot opens up...

Waitlisted today at 3 PM

LSAT 158, CGPA 3.4, B2/L2 3.7. Over 2 years work experience in a law firm and great references

Waitlisted on 07/23

LSAT:150, CGPA 3.3, B2 3.8 

Masters, over 4 years of work in corporate

Waitlisted on 07/27

LSAT: 159, CGPA 3.1, B2 3.2

Work experience in Parliament Hill and strong letters of recommendations

The admin still is still making waitlist? Someone menioned that the class was already full. The situation changed?

8 hours ago, Needmoreluck said:

The admin still is still making waitlist? Someone menioned that the class was already full. The situation changed?

I'm not sure, when I reached out to the office this was what I was told: 

"The waitlist changes throughout the summer as spots become available in the program. As I am sure you know, application to any Canadian law school is an extremely competitive process and many otherwise qualified applicants do not receive an offer of admission. It is the challenge of receiving approximately 3000 applications for 280 spots."

Who here on the waitlist is still waiting to hear back from UOttawa?

10 hours ago, lawdilaw said:

"The waitlist changes throughout the summer as spots become available in the program. As I am sure you know, application to any Canadian law school is an extremely competitive process and many otherwise qualified applicants do not receive an offer of admission. It is the challenge of receiving approximately 3000 applications for 280 spots."

Me :(

13 hours ago, lawdilaw said:

It feels like no one has yet to be accepted off the waitlist for some reason LOL. Everything feels very stagnant! I wonder if they are going to offer spots to people all at once off the waitlist?

13 hours ago, lawdilaw said:

It's quite strange .The admin did not make anyone off the waitlist and still add people to the list?

13 minutes ago, Needmoreluck said:

It's quite strange .The admin did not make anyone off the waitlist and still add people to the list?

From my quick search on remaining seats for the 1Ls' thematic courses, there is no seat available currently.

1 hour ago, Needmoreluck said:

I feel like this year is different because courses are online and people from different locations don't have to decide move to go to school. However, this is going to be a problem for many of those that accepted for the purpose of its online availability because in the course of 3 years, the university will eventually open up. It would only be fair for the admin to accept more than usual because of this extraneous circumstances. Had i known most schools would be online, i would've applied to all school instead of the ones only close to me. 

6 minutes ago, Alex9 said:

It would only be fair for the admin to accept more than usual because of this extraneous circumstances. Had i known most schools would be online, i would've applied to all school instead of the ones only close to me. 

The proposal you are making would be unfair to law students not only at Ottawa, but every other school. It would be bad for the legal market to increase the number of seats and articling would be even harder to secure than it is already. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

The proposal you are making would be unfair to law students not only at Ottawa, but every other school. It would be bad for the legal market to increase the number of seats and articling would be even harder to secure than it is already. 

Yeah, that's the last thing schools are going to do in the midst of a pandemic. Increased cohorts will not happen.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Alex9 said:

Had i known most schools would be online, i would've applied to all school instead of the ones only close to me. 

That doesn't really make sense. You said it yourself, those who supposedly accepted due to the availability of online classes are going to have to move eventually anyway. That would include yourself had you applied and been accepted. And if you were willing to move anyway, you should have just applied in the first place.

3 hours ago, ArchivesandMuseums said:

From my quick search on remaining seats for the 1Ls' thematic courses, there is no seat available currently.

Yea that makes sense. Just wish the waitlist wasn't this long. seems like there is hundreds of people on it LOL

Posted (edited)

Was waitlisted in the last few days.

OLSAS cGPA: 3.56 / 4.0

OLSAS L20 GPA: 3.78 / 4.0

LSAT: 156 (highest)

Extras during undergrad: lots of valuable work experience through co-operative education in the public sector, international student exchange, some but not a lot of sports and volunteer work, BC resident, double major in political science and economics. 

Edited by westcoaster5000

On 7/31/2020 at 5:01 PM, bucketgang1234 said:

Yea that makes sense. Just wish the waitlist wasn't this long. seems like there is hundreds of people on it LOL

It has to be that long for a reason.

Posted (edited)

Did anyone contact the admin? I will call them today to enquiry about the waitlist.

Edited by Needmoreluck