Jump to content
LAWandHOCKEY

Waitlisted 2020 (Ottawa)

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Needmoreluck said:

Does anyone know the waitlist will have numbers or  not?

It will not. Ottawa stopped doing this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, easttowest said:

It will not. Ottawa stopped doing this. 

Thanks for the reply.  The waitlist is not moving yet so far. So I assumed the class is already full and no spot opened yet. Why they make waitlists?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Needmoreluck said:

Thanks for the reply.  The waitlist is not moving yet so far. So I assumed the class is already full and no spot opened yet. Why they make waitlists?

In case someone declines their offer and a spot opens up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted today at 3 PM

LSAT 158, CGPA 3.4, B2/L2 3.7. Over 2 years work experience in a law firm and great references

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted on 07/23

LSAT:150, CGPA 3.3, B2 3.8 

Masters, over 4 years of work in corporate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Waitlisted on 07/27

LSAT: 159, CGPA 3.1, B2 3.2

Work experience in Parliament Hill and strong letters of recommendations

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The admin still is still making waitlist? Someone menioned that the class was already full. The situation changed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Needmoreluck said:

The admin still is still making waitlist? Someone menioned that the class was already full. The situation changed?

I'm not sure, when I reached out to the office this was what I was told: 

"The waitlist changes throughout the summer as spots become available in the program. As I am sure you know, application to any Canadian law school is an extremely competitive process and many otherwise qualified applicants do not receive an offer of admission. It is the challenge of receiving approximately 3000 applications for 280 spots."

 

Who here on the waitlist is still waiting to hear back from UOttawa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, lawdilaw said:

I'm not sure, when I reached out to the office this was what I was told: 

"The waitlist changes throughout the summer as spots become available in the program. As I am sure you know, application to any Canadian law school is an extremely competitive process and many otherwise qualified applicants do not receive an offer of admission. It is the challenge of receiving approximately 3000 applications for 280 spots."

 

Who here on the waitlist is still waiting to hear back from UOttawa?

Me :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lawdilaw said:

I'm not sure, when I reached out to the office this was what I was told: 

"The waitlist changes throughout the summer as spots become available in the program. As I am sure you know, application to any Canadian law school is an extremely competitive process and many otherwise qualified applicants do not receive an offer of admission. It is the challenge of receiving approximately 3000 applications for 280 spots."

 

Who here on the waitlist is still waiting to hear back from UOttawa?

It feels like no one has yet to be accepted off the waitlist for some reason LOL. Everything feels very stagnant! I wonder if they are going to offer spots to people all at once off the waitlist?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, lawdilaw said:

I'm not sure, when I reached out to the office this was what I was told: 

"The waitlist changes throughout the summer as spots become available in the program. As I am sure you know, application to any Canadian law school is an extremely competitive process and many otherwise qualified applicants do not receive an offer of admission. It is the challenge of receiving approximately 3000 applications for 280 spots."

 

Who here on the waitlist is still waiting to hear back from UOttawa?

It's quite strange .The admin did not make anyone off the waitlist and still add people to the list?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Needmoreluck said:

It's quite strange .The admin did not make anyone off the waitlist and still add people to the list?

From my quick search on remaining seats for the 1Ls' thematic courses, there is no seat available currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Needmoreluck said:

It's quite strange .The admin did not make anyone off the waitlist and still add people to the list?

I feel like this year is different because courses are online and people from different locations don't have to decide move to go to school. However, this is going to be a problem for many of those that accepted for the purpose of its online availability because in the course of 3 years, the university will eventually open up. It would only be fair for the admin to accept more than usual because of this extraneous circumstances. Had i known most schools would be online, i would've applied to all school instead of the ones only close to me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alex9 said:

It would only be fair for the admin to accept more than usual because of this extraneous circumstances. Had i known most schools would be online, i would've applied to all school instead of the ones only close to me. 

The proposal you are making would be unfair to law students not only at Ottawa, but every other school. It would be bad for the legal market to increase the number of seats and articling would be even harder to secure than it is already. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

The proposal you are making would be unfair to law students not only at Ottawa, but every other school. It would be bad for the legal market to increase the number of seats and articling would be even harder to secure than it is already. 

Yeah, that's the last thing schools are going to do in the midst of a pandemic. Increased cohorts will not happen.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Alex9 said:

Had i known most schools would be online, i would've applied to all school instead of the ones only close to me. 

That doesn't really make sense. You said it yourself, those who supposedly accepted due to the availability of online classes are going to have to move eventually anyway. That would include yourself had you applied and been accepted. And if you were willing to move anyway, you should have just applied in the first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ArchivesandMuseums said:

From my quick search on remaining seats for the 1Ls' thematic courses, there is no seat available currently.

Yea that makes sense. Just wish the waitlist wasn't this long. seems like there is hundreds of people on it LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Was waitlisted in the last few days.

OLSAS cGPA: 3.56 / 4.0

OLSAS L20 GPA: 3.78 / 4.0

LSAT: 156 (highest)

Extras during undergrad: lots of valuable work experience through co-operative education in the public sector, international student exchange, some but not a lot of sports and volunteer work, BC resident, double major in political science and economics. 

Edited by westcoaster5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2020 at 5:01 PM, bucketgang1234 said:

Yea that makes sense. Just wish the waitlist wasn't this long. seems like there is hundreds of people on it LOL

It has to be that long for a reason.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Did anyone contact the admin? I will call them today to enquiry about the waitlist.

Edited by Needmoreluck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...