LAWandHOCKEY

Waitlisted 2020 (Ottawa)

54 minutes ago, dnd24 said:

When is waitlist movement expected? I know acceptances can go out till classes start, but when should people start being accepted off waitlist?  I was waitlisted as well. 

I may be wrong, but I'm guessing they will continue to accept/reject/waitlist applicants for another week up until the July deadline, and then perhaps begin to take people off waitlist in July and August. 

57 minutes ago, dnd24 said:

When is waitlist movement expected? I know acceptances can go out till classes start, but when should people start being accepted off waitlist?  I was waitlisted as well. 

There is no specific time. Some people will be offered a spot over the coming months, and others won't. 

7 minutes ago, happyhour said:

Are we supposed to send a letter of continued interest? 

Did the notification of waitlist not ask you if you wanted to remain on the waitlist?  That typically is the case and you have to reply.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, erinl2 said:

Did the notification of waitlist not ask you if you wanted to remain on the waitlist?  That typically is the case and you have to reply.

On UOzone, it says that I have been added to the waitlist, and if I want to be removed, I must email admissions.

• Like 1

It seems Ottawa just came out with a waitlist. So for those who didn't get waitlisted should get ready to say bye bye for this round? anyone who has any clue?

Edited by Aries2019

This may have been asked before and this may not be the right thread for it but:

If you firmly accept at one school, are you removed from any waitlists that you are on? 

I remember seeing a question related to this before but I can't find it anymore. 

2 hours ago, lawhopeful55 said:

This may have been asked before and this may not be the right thread for it but:

If you firmly accept at one school, are you removed from any waitlists that you are on? 

I remember seeing a question related to this before but I can't find it anymore. 

When did you firmly accepted Windsor?

got on the unnumbered waitlist. (no email, just checked on uozone after seeing the recent activity on this thread!) 

LSAT: 156

cGPA: 3.6 

I will be emailing uOttawa to remove myself from the waitlist. Hopefully this clears up a spot for someone else. 

Cheers! 

4 hours ago, Aries2019 said:

It seems Ottawa just came out with a waitlist. So for those who didn't get waitlisted should get ready to say bye bye for this round? anyone who has any clue?

this is my guess, just waiting for the 'rejected' to appear

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Reuben98 said:

Has anyone else been waitlisted for the JD/JD (Canada/US) program?

Yes, I have as well. I too am interested in how many people are usually accepted into the JD/USA program from the waitlist!?

16 hours ago, lawhopeful55 said:

I have provisionally accepted and it'll turn firm after July 2nd I believe.

you will be removed from the waitlist after July 2 unless you decline the offer beforethat.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, bucketgang1234 said:

Does anyone know whether there will be a ranked order released soon? The unknown is killing me LOL

I think they stopped giving out ranking since 2 years ago.

You may get a letter later and you have to confirm if you want to stay on the wait list.

2 hours ago, bucketgang1234 said:

Does anyone know whether there will be a ranked order released soon? The unknown is killing me LOL

Ottawa no longer releases ranking numbers. The dual program is fairly small so it's doubtful that anyone here would have details on how many would get off the waitlist. 

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 1:23 PM, happyhour said:

Are we supposed to send a letter of continued interest? 

I think your supposed to only email them if your planning to drop your spot!