OH1021

Waitlisted (Ryerson) 2020

Logged onto RAMSS and saw "1 waitlist application" under the admissions tab.

3.44 cGPA

3.55-3.6 L2

154, 156 LSAT

Also wait listed today, will probably decline and make my provisional acceptance form elsewhere 

LSAT 154

GPA 3.36

L2/B2GPA 3.85

MA degree, strong EC’s, good ref letters. 

Waitlisted as well ... considering how slow Ryerson is, I doubt I'd even hear back before July so prob won't be accepting 

157 LSAT

3.7 or 3.9 B2 (not sure)

3.6 cGPA 

Posted (edited)

Any idea what it means to "accept" a wait list offer on RAMSS? Will it cancel my existing provisional acceptance for another school? I've provisionally accepted another offer already,  and I don't want to cancel it just to be put on a wait list.

Edited by Nautilus

From what I understand all provisional offers become firm on July 2. However, if you accept a wait list offer you forfeit your provisional acceptance elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, lfcynwa said:

From what I understand all provisional offers become firm on July 2. However, if you accept a wait list offer you forfeit your provisional acceptance elsewhere. 

I heard that unless you make a change on OLSAS, it makes no difference to your provisional acceptance. I have accepted my western waitlist but it made 0 difference as to my offer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, lfcynwa said:

40 minutes ago, legallyillegal said:

I heard that unless you make a change on OLSAS, it makes no difference to your provisional acceptance. I have accepted my western waitlist but it made 0 difference as to my offer.

Interesting. I sent an email to OLSAS to clarify. I'll let you people know when I hear back.

• Like 1

Accepting waitlist offers definitely do not affect provisional acceptances! 

I made a post wondering the same thing a while ago, and I also called Western's admission's office and got confirmation of this over the phone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But don’t the provisional acceptances become firm July 2nd anyways? So if you were to accept the wait list you would only have about 10 days before your other offer locks in.

Or am I misunderstanding this?

Just now, lfcynwa said:

But don’t the provisional acceptances become firm July 2nd anyways? So if you were to accept the wait list you would only have about 10 days before your other offer locks in.

youre right

Also waitlisted sometime yesterday. Will probably be declining the waitlist.

cGPA: 3.04

L2: 3.71

LSAT 164 (Jan)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lfcynwa said:

yeah! That's why I'm so annoyed at how late ryerson was with the waitlist/responding back....their admissions process seems like we will never hear back so I guess the waitlist is a light rejection on their end lol

8 hours ago, soap said:

Accepting waitlist offers definitely do not affect provisional acceptances! 

I made a post wondering the same thing a while ago, and I also called Western's admission's office and got confirmation of this over the phone.

Yeah, OLSAS confirmed as much when they replied to me earlier today. I’ll probably accept the waitlist, but I don’t really think it’ll make a difference seeing as there’s less than 2 weeks until acceptances become firm.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2020 at 9:42 AM, Boundless said:

Also waitlisted sometime yesterday. Will probably be declining the waitlist.

cGPA: 3.04

L2: 3.71

LSAT 164 (Jan)

How is that even possible.... This admissions cycle is insane 

• Haha 1

Waitlisted also!

3.58/157

Accepted Western so will probably be declining waitlist.

Waitlisted Some time this week. I don't check RAMSS very often so I'm not sure exactly when.

cGPA: 2.97

L2: 3.16

LSAT: 144 (...I know LOL)

Lots of EC's and pretty good LORs and PS in my opinion