Jump to content
lisasimpson

Still "under evaluation"

Recommended Posts

They just sent out a big wave of waitlists... anyone else still under evaluation? 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh I'm also still 'Under Evaluation'... so yeah I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Ottawa's stats for acceptances are also all over the place so it's really hard to make any logical predictions at this point.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gemini94 said:

...Does that mean we're up for rejection ūü§Ē

No. Uottawa is so unpredictable, you might get an acceptance any time or you might not 

Edited by lindsn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2020 at 10:40 AM, Boundless said:

received the most annoying answer from admissions regarding outstanding applications. They essentially said now, applicants can expect to hear by end of June or more likely July. i find this ridiculous and quite frankly unprofessional. i understand there are tons of applications, but to force students to make a decision on a school without knowing the status at others schools is flat out embarrassing. i know my view on the school is tainted at this point. Perhaps this happens every year so i dont think this cycle is an exception, i just think this needs to change. the burden falls on the student to follow deadlines but theres no deadline for schools to inform student about offers????find that ludicrous. Thank you for coming to my tedtalk. good luck everyone. 

There's a rant like this about Ottawa admissions pretty much every year. I remember being in your shoes last year. They seem to be one of the slowest schools-  I'm guessing maybe because they have the most spots to give out. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's July 2nd and no word from Ottawa... officially going crazy! Should anyone still waiting assume that this implies rejection? I can only think that for whatever reason they haven't even read my application yet lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, prelawfemme said:

It's July 2nd and no word from Ottawa... officially going crazy! Should anyone still waiting assume that this implies rejection? I can only think that for whatever reason they haven't even read my application yet lol

You're not the only one who thinks that.... last update is back in November.... should I be concerned? 

Status: Under Evaluation

Last update: 2019-11-21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's July 2nd, and provincial acceptances become firm today. It is honestly very disappointing not even hearing back from Ottawa. I've heard back from everyone but them. This is unacceptable, because we will always be wondering where we stood now.

In any case, good luck to everyone and I wish all of you success !!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/2/2020 at 11:32 AM, LawGal98 said:

You're not the only one who thinks that.... last update is back in November.... should I be concerned? 

Status: Under Evaluation

Last update: 2019-11-21

Yea this is what I have too... 
Basically accepted the fact that I've been rejected but still checking it every couple of hours... honestly just give me the closure so I can more on :|

  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, lisasimpson said:

It's July 2nd, and provincial acceptances become firm today. It is honestly very disappointing not even hearing back from Ottawa. I've heard back from everyone but them. This is unacceptable, because we will always be wondering where we stood now.

In any case, good luck to everyone and I wish all of you success !!!

In the same boat. Honestly want my money back lol 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still Under Evaluation and I can only imagine bad news is coming... it's just absolutely crazy that they wait until AFTER the firm deadline just to give us bad news... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, prelawfemme said:

Still Under Evaluation and I can only imagine bad news is coming... it's just absolutely crazy that they wait until AFTER the firm deadline just to give us bad news... 

Same, just waiting for the rejection. But, I saw in the accepted 2019 thread that a couple of people posted about their acceptances (direct, not off the waitlist) on July 12th of last year. So, who knows.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cmonman said:

Same, just waiting for the rejection. But, I saw in the accepted 2019 thread that a couple of people posted about their acceptances (direct, not off the waitlist) on July 12th of last year. So, who knows.... 

My (overly optimistic) theory is that they waitlisted bottom up and they have a few left over 'maybe' students still Under Evaluation and after this wave of movement from the firm acceptance date, they will either accept them right in or waitlist them
Probably false hope though

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received this e-mail from admissions (felt like a soft rejection tbh): 

Thank you for contacting the Admissions' Office of the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section.

This year, COVID has caused delays in our admissions process. You may also be aware that the University of Ottawa receives more applications than any other Ontario law school, and we carefully evaluate each application for admissibility into our programs, a lengthy process in a typical year. In a typical year, all admissions decisions would most likely have been made, but the unforeseen circumstances surrounding the pandemic have added to the delay. We recognize the uncertainty of students waiting for admissions decisions.
 
At this point, we are mainly admitting to our waitlist for September 2020 entry. The waitlist changes throughout the summer as spots become available in the program. As I am sure you know, application to any Canadian law school is an extremely competitive process and many otherwise qualified applicants do not receive an offer of admission. It is the challenge of receiving approximately 3000 applications for 280 spots.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

 

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Frenchfry94 said:

Anyone still under evaluation? I just want closure.

Let's hope we hear something this week. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Frenchfry94 said:

Anyone still under evaluation? I just want closure.

I am also still under evaluation. I understand that COVID has slowed things and they have a very high volume of applicants, but this is getting ridiculous. At this point many of us have paid a fee to have our applications assessed, and now we're past the OLSAS deadline to firm accept other schools yet still have not heard a thing from Ottawa. I personally feel lucky that I have an out of province acceptance, but it doesn't seem right to leave people so long with no word at all when classes start in September. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, emily10claire said:

I am also still under evaluation. I understand that COVID has slowed things and they have a very high volume of applicants, but this is getting ridiculous. At this point many of us have paid a fee to have our applications assessed, and now we're past the OLSAS deadline to firm accept other schools yet still have not heard a thing from Ottawa. I personally feel lucky that I have an out of province acceptance, but it doesn't seem right to leave people so long with no word at all when classes start in September. 

I’m still under evaluation at UOttawa but luckily have an acceptance out of province as well! I’m getting really annoyed with Ottawa also. I want some CLOSURE OTTAWA COME ON. 

Edited by westcoaster5000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Recent Posts

    • Logging out of your exam and staring at a blank screen in your room is a terrible feeling. In the before times, it was always nice to get done a hard exam and then look around to see the shocked looks on classmates faces. I guarantee that would have happened if your exam was in person. Don't sweat it. Ive been pleasantly surprised every time I thought I bombed an exam.¬†
    • Les notes sont courb√©es √† UdeM en droit de sorte √† ce que les chances que t'ailles 4/4.3 sont vraiment minimes. Par contre, le bac en droit est un bac consid√©r√© fort en termes de CRU donc c'est facile d'√™tre admis/convoqu√© en entrevue avec beaucoup moins que 4/4.3. Juste pour te donner une id√©e, Droit √† ulaval donne facilement plus que 31 de CRU(le minimum pour √™tre consid√©r√© en m√©decine) si tu maintiens 3.55-3.7/4.3.
    • Thanks, Shankar,¬†for the reassurance and quick response (and yep, it was Corporate with Nicholls). I'm definitely missing the in-person post-exam experience, so it's hard to gauge how other people might have done. There were a few questions I didn't even get to because I thought it'd be better to answer other questions quickly rather than try to dig for the provision he's looking for.¬†
    • I can't imagine it being that easy. I imagine a fair number of students would be eager to slash their tuition by transferring.¬†
    • Considering you're taking Corporate in 1L, I'm just assuming you go to Western.¬† If not, disregard everything I say.¬† Nicholls' exams are all long and hardly anyone finishes them.¬† It's true of Corporate, Securities, and probably anything else he teaches.¬† He's a phenomenal professor in every sense, but his exams are very long.¬† ¬†So yeah, don't worry about it.¬† Every year everyone comes out of that exam worried that they bombed it because there wasn't enough time to finish, but that's where the curve comes in.¬†¬† I don't remember how much of the exam I actually completed, but it definitely wasn't near the whole thing (eg: my "essay" was a couple sentences long) and I did fine.¬† Take a breath, you'll very likely be fine.¬† You'd probably feel better if you were able to see that everyone else had the same experience as you, but that's just how it is this year.¬†¬†

×
×
  • Create New...