lisasimpson

Still "under evaluation"

They just sent out a big wave of waitlists... anyone else still under evaluation? 

• Like 3

Ugh I'm also still 'Under Evaluation'... so yeah I'm hoping for the best but expecting the worst. Ottawa's stats for acceptances are also all over the place so it's really hard to make any logical predictions at this point.  

4 hours ago, Gemini94 said:

...Does that mean we're up for rejection ūü§Ē

No. Uottawa is so unpredictable, you might get an acceptance any time or you might not 

Edited by lindsn

On 6/24/2020 at 10:40 AM, Boundless said:

received the most annoying answer from admissions regarding outstanding applications. They essentially said now, applicants can expect to hear by end of June or more likely July. i find this ridiculous and quite frankly unprofessional. i understand there are tons of applications, but to force students to make a decision on a school without knowing the status at others schools is flat out embarrassing. i know my view on the school is tainted at this point. Perhaps this happens every year so i dont think this cycle is an exception, i just think this needs to change. the burden falls on the student to follow deadlines but theres no deadline for schools to inform student about offers????find that ludicrous. Thank you for coming to my tedtalk. good luck everyone. 

There's a rant like this about Ottawa admissions pretty much every year. I remember being in your shoes last year. They seem to be one of the slowest schools-  I'm guessing maybe because they have the most spots to give out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's July 2nd and no word from Ottawa... officially going crazy! Should anyone still waiting assume that this implies rejection? I can only think that for whatever reason they haven't even read my application yet lol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, prelawfemme said:

It's July 2nd and no word from Ottawa... officially going crazy! Should anyone still waiting assume that this implies rejection? I can only think that for whatever reason they haven't even read my application yet lol

You're not the only one who thinks that.... last update is back in November.... should I be concerned? 

Last update: 2019-11-21

It's July 2nd, and provincial acceptances become firm today. It is honestly very disappointing not even hearing back from Ottawa. I've heard back from everyone but them. This is unacceptable, because we will always be wondering where we stood now.

In any case, good luck to everyone and I wish all of you success !!!

• Like 1

On 7/2/2020 at 11:32 AM, LawGal98 said:

You're not the only one who thinks that.... last update is back in November.... should I be concerned? 

Last update: 2019-11-21

Yea this is what I have too... 
Basically accepted the fact that I've been rejected but still checking it every couple of hours... honestly just give me the closure so I can more on :|

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, lisasimpson said:

It's July 2nd, and provincial acceptances become firm today. It is honestly very disappointing not even hearing back from Ottawa. I've heard back from everyone but them. This is unacceptable, because we will always be wondering where we stood now.

In any case, good luck to everyone and I wish all of you success !!!

In the same boat. Honestly want my money back lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Still Under Evaluation and I can only imagine bad news is coming... it's just absolutely crazy that they wait until AFTER the firm deadline just to give us bad news... 

55 minutes ago, prelawfemme said:

Still Under Evaluation and I can only imagine bad news is coming... it's just absolutely crazy that they wait until AFTER the firm deadline just to give us bad news... 

Same, just waiting for the rejection. But, I saw in the accepted 2019 thread that a couple of people posted about their acceptances (direct, not off the waitlist) on July 12th of last year. So, who knows.... 

1 minute ago, cmonman said:

Same, just waiting for the rejection. But, I saw in the accepted 2019 thread that a couple of people posted about their acceptances (direct, not off the waitlist) on July 12th of last year. So, who knows.... 

My (overly optimistic) theory is that they waitlisted bottom up and they have a few left over 'maybe' students still Under Evaluation and after this wave of movement from the firm acceptance date, they will either accept them right in or waitlist them
Probably false hope though

• Like 3

I just received this e-mail from admissions (felt like a soft rejection tbh): 

Thank you for contacting the Admissions' Office of the Faculty of Law, Common Law Section.

This year, COVID has caused delays in our admissions process. You may also be aware that the University of Ottawa receives more applications than any other Ontario law school, and we carefully evaluate each application for admissibility into our programs, a lengthy process in a typical year. In a typical year, all admissions decisions would most likely have been made, but the unforeseen circumstances surrounding the pandemic have added to the delay. We recognize the uncertainty of students waiting for admissions decisions.

At this point, we are mainly admitting to our waitlist for September 2020 entry. The waitlist changes throughout the summer as spots become available in the program. As I am sure you know, application to any Canadian law school is an extremely competitive process and many otherwise qualified applicants do not receive an offer of admission. It is the challenge of receiving approximately 3000 applications for 280 spots.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Best regards,

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, Frenchfry94 said:

Anyone still under evaluation? I just want closure.

Let's hope we hear something this week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Frenchfry94 said:

Anyone still under evaluation? I just want closure.

I am also still under evaluation. I understand that COVID has slowed things and they have a very high volume of applicants, but this is getting ridiculous. At this point many of us have paid a fee to have our applications assessed, and now we're past the OLSAS deadline to firm accept other schools yet still have not heard a thing from Ottawa. I personally feel lucky that I have an out of province acceptance, but it doesn't seem right to leave people so long with no word at all when classes start in September. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, emily10claire said:

I am also still under evaluation. I understand that COVID has slowed things and they have a very high volume of applicants, but this is getting ridiculous. At this point many of us have paid a fee to have our applications assessed, and now we're past the OLSAS deadline to firm accept other schools yet still have not heard a thing from Ottawa. I personally feel lucky that I have an out of province acceptance, but it doesn't seem right to leave people so long with no word at all when classes start in September. 

I’m still under evaluation at UOttawa but luckily have an acceptance out of province as well! I’m getting really annoyed with Ottawa also. I want some CLOSURE OTTAWA COME ON. 

Edited by westcoaster5000