Rovinglawyer

Finalizing a PSLOC in a different province

Hi everyone,

I've been approved for a PSLOC through Scotiabank in Toronto. I'm currently living out of province and the rep in working with has told me that I need to go in in person to finalize the LOC. I was wondering if anyone had any luck with requesting to do it at a local branch or online? I won't be in Toronto until August and wanted to start collecting those sweet sweet credit card points.

Yup! I arranged everything with my rep in BC and I currently live in Ontario. I just told her where I lived and she found a branch close to me and set up a meeting to sign everything with a rep at that branch. It was very easy. Just ask your rep in Toronto. 

• Like 1

I did mine from out of province too with a rep in Toronto. I only had to drop the application off at my local branch, I did not need to do anything to “finalize” it there.

Edited by albertabean
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, albertabean said:

I did mine from out of province too with a rep in Toronto. I only had to drop the application off at my local branch, I did not need to do anything to “finalize” it there.

Really? You never had to sign anything beyond the initial application? That seems odd.

37 minutes ago, Rovinglawyer said:

Hi everyone,

I've been approved for a PSLOC through Scotiabank in Toronto. I'm currently living out of province and the rep in working with has told me that I need to go in in person to finalize the LOC. I was wondering if anyone had any luck with requesting to do it at a local branch or online? I won't be in Toronto until August and wanted to start collecting those sweet sweet credit card points.

Ask them...

1 hour ago, lawfacade123 said:

Really? You never had to sign anything beyond the initial application? That seems odd.

I signed about 20 forms, but I was just emailed them by the rep in Toronto, and then we went over them on the phone to make sure I’d signed everything necessary and understood all the terms. The only thing I did at my home branch was drop off the application for interdepartmental mail!

3 hours ago, Luckycharm said:

Ask them...

I asked them if I could do it here and they responded "we'll set something up when you're in Toronto". I wanted to hear if other people were able to do it remotely before I pressed the issue! 

2 minutes ago, Rovinglawyer said:

I asked them if I could do it here and they responded "we'll set something up when you're in Toronto". I wanted to hear if other people were able to do it remotely before I pressed the issue! 

I applied in Toronto and went To Ottawa. I didn't deal with that bank in Ottawa and all my bank accounts are in Toronto.

Walk into a Scotia Bank or any bank  in your city and ask them if you can set up PSLOC there.

I won't wait till I am in Toronto to set it up. You should have your PSLOC before you come to Toronto

40 minutes ago, Rovinglawyer said:

Definitely press the issue. They're probably just worried it won't count towards their sales targets if someone else 'seals the deal'. Ugh.

• Like 1

I met with a Scotiabank representative in my hometown and set up my PSLOC already, even though I intend on moving to Vancouver for UBC.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Astrowelkyn said:

I met with a Scotiabank representative in my hometown and set up my PSLOC already, even though I intend on moving to Vancouver for UBC.

I did the same! I had reached out to a Scotiabank rep in Vancouver and they instructed me to go through a local branch in my province instead. Its the exact same PSLOC deal so you aren't really missing out on anything by just setting it up at home!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rovinglawyer said:

Thanks everyone! I will reach out to a local rep today.

Good luck and be tough

On 6/17/2020 at 8:26 AM, Rovinglawyer said:

Hi everyone,

Have them email the documents to your local branch. You can go in with your ID and sign there. I did this numerous times with my clients.