Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone knows when prospective 2L transfers might expect to hear back about our UVic applications? Based on last year's trend, it looks like mid to end of July is most likely. Also, does anyone know how many 2L transfer students UVic admits? Does anyone think that COVID-19 will increase the number of transfer students (due to deferrals/academic leaves) or decrease the likelihood of getting in due to more applicants? Also, if admitted, is it difficult to register in courses?

Any thoughts or ideas are appreciated! 

Posted (edited)

My friend and I are still waiting to hear back as well. This was a response when I asked them about rolling admissions a few weeks back: "We don’t anticipate starting to make decisions on upper level applications until early June." Not too sure what this means for us and I had not looked at prior trends, so I can't offer much help there. Hopefully we hear some positive news soon, especially with course selection and residence stuff coming up very quickly. 

Edited by Dill3377
  • Like 1

Here's the thread from last year (not the topic but the replies), so I'm wondering if it'll be a similar timeline since transcript deadlines aren't until June 30th: 

Hmm interesting, well I appreciate the link to the thread. I would love to hear back before July due to course selection, but not much I can do but hope. Best of luck and please let me know if you have any updates. 

My friend and I just got accepted a couple of hours ago. Hope you got good news too!

• Like 4

congrats to us. was accepted as a transfer too. do u guys know if we have an fb group?