TheRealHarveySpectre

Chances 2021 - Low CGPA, Higher L2

Posted (edited)

Hey Everyone, long time lurker wondering if I have a shot in 2021

CGPA: 3.36/4.0

L2: 3.90/4.0

LSAT - Scoring in the mid-high 150s after a few weeks of studying, aiming for a 160+ in August

Average-Above Average EC's

Recently graduated from Undergrad, taking a gap year

Edited by TheRealHarveySpectre

1 minute ago, TheRealHarveySpectre said:

Hey Everyone, long time lurker wondering if I have a shot in 2021

CGPA: 3.36/4.0

L2: 3.90/4.0

LSAT - Scoring in the 156-158 range after a few weeks of studying, aiming for a 160+ in August

Average-Above Average EC's

If you can get 160+ LSAT you are in Western and Queens.

• Like 1

I got in with a lower cGPA, lower L60, and 165. You need a strong LSAT. 

• Like 1

I got in with a 3.35, 3.61, and a 170.

Western doesn't seem to fuss over CGPA too much.

45 minutes ago, 00Seven said:

Congrats, that’s an insane LSAT, did you take a course?

I did a course but it didn't increase my PT scores at all, so I switched to the Powerscore Bibles and found their methods worked much better for me.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, 00Seven said:

Strong cumulative averages will be considered

https://law.uwo.ca/future_students/jd_admissions/admissions_FAQ/grades_and_courses.html

Does Western Law consider all undergraduate study, the best 2 years, or the last 2 years?
We consider all years of study and, as a general rule, applicants with strong cumulative averages will be preferred.  However, we will place greater weight on the last 2 years of full-time (or equivalent) undergraduate study in appropriate circumstances, typically where the cumulative average falls below 3.7. 

Edited by Luckycharm

Get at least a 160 and you should have a good shot at Western/Queens, as others have mentioned. If you want more security, or want to attend other schools, you'll need a higher score. If you're only a few weeks out and hitting mid to high 150s, I wouldn't stop when you hit 160. Study hard for a few months and that higher LSAT score will pay dividends.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 11:48 PM, georgecostanzajr said:

Get at least a 160 and you should have a good shot at Western/Queens, as others have mentioned. If you want more security, or want to attend other schools, you'll need a higher score. If you're only a few weeks out and hitting mid to high 150s, I wouldn't stop when you hit 160. Study hard for a few months and that higher LSAT score will pay dividends.

Will definitely take this advice, thank you

On 6/23/2020 at 2:40 PM, lawschoolhopeful6 said:

I was rejected outright from Western and accepted to Queens with a cGPA 3.37, L2/B2 3.6, and 161 LSAT

That’s reassuring, good luck at Queens!