Mihael

If August is Flex, would I be able to take the October, November, and January exams?

I heard that the Flex exams do not count towards the amount of times you can take the LSAT. If this is true, and if August is Flex, then would I be able to surpass the 3-exam limit in this cycle, and do 4? (Meaning I'll do August which is Flex, then October, November, and January).

Am I capable of doing this since Flex doesn't count towards your exam limit?

2 hours ago, Mihael said:

I heard that the Flex exams do not count towards the amount of times you can take the LSAT. If this is true, and if August is Flex, then would I be able to surpass the 3-exam limit in this cycle, and do 4? (Meaning I'll do August which is Flex, then October, November, and January).

Am I capable of doing this since Flex doesn't count towards your exam limit?

Can you link the source that says that the Flex won’t count towards your takes?

2 minutes ago, lawyer1017 said:

Can you link the source that says that the Flex won’t count towards your takes?

https://www.lsac.org/about/lsac-policies/limits-on-repeating-lsat#:~:text=A total of seven times,in May and June 2020.

It says that LSAT Flex exams do not count towards your yearly limit. 

https://old.reddit.com/r/LSAT/comments/gingr1/the_lsatflex_does_not_count_again_your_yearly/

And for further confirmation, one of the guys from Powerscore called in and confirmed it.

So given this information, if August is Flex, I can take October, November, and January exams right? I just want to be sure.

• Like 1

It sounds like that is the case. But I wouldn't take doing so many LSATs lightly. Schools do care about how many times you write. If you don't get the score you want in say October, is 1 month enough to study enough to improve a significant amount? Probably not. In my opinion you should give yourself 3 months between writing, at least 2 months as a bare minimum.

On 6/19/2020 at 9:14 AM, VitalGiraffe said:

It sounds like that is the case. But I wouldn't take doing so many LSATs lightly. Schools do care about how many times you write. If you don't get the score you want in say October, is 1 month enough to study enough to improve a significant amount? Probably not. In my opinion you should give yourself 3 months between writing, at least 2 months as a bare minimum.

Firstly, schools mostly don't care how many times you write the exam. This only really applies to schools that take averages from your multiple exams when counting your LSAT score, such as University of Alberta. My target school, UVic, does not.

Secondly, I will definitely be doing it 4 times (if I don't get the score I need, 164, each time), because I'm trying to get in on Fall 2021 and January is the last exam date. Meaning, in the worst case scenario, if I don't get my target score in January (my last attempt for this cycle), then I'm not getting in in Fall 2021. Aka no law school. And I am not wasting an entire 1.5 years of my life by waiting to enter in Fall 2022. That would be depressing, 1.5 years down the toilet.

So it's perfectly reasonable to do it 4 times in the worst case scenario (August-January). But I know I will do well on the August exam. I've been getting high-160s to low-170s on my PT's. So it's not an actual issue regardless.

29 minutes ago, Mihael said:

Firstly, schools mostly don't care how many times you write the exam. This only really applies to schools that take averages from your multiple exams when counting your LSAT score, such as University of Alberta. My target school, UVic, does not.

Secondly, I will definitely be doing it 4 times (if I don't get the score I need, 164, each time), because I'm trying to get in on Fall 2021 and January is the last exam date. Meaning, in the worst case scenario, if I don't get my target score in January (my last attempt for this cycle), then I'm not getting in in Fall 2021. Aka no law school. And I am not wasting an entire 1.5 years of my life by waiting to enter in Fall 2022. That would be depressing, 1.5 years down the toilet.

So it's perfectly reasonable to do it 4 times in the worst case scenario (August-January). But I know I will do well on the August exam. I've been getting high-160s to low-170s on my PT's. So it's not an actual issue regardless.

Do whatever you feel is best for you. I will say from all the podcasts I've listened to a common theme is that many people are in a big rush to get to law school when they really shouldn't be. It is so imperative that you start in fall 2021? Also are you still in uni? Most schools actually prefer candidates who are older, more mature, and have work experience. Best of luck either way.

• Like 2