I'm currently doing an Honours BSc degree in Ontario, and want to apply for law schools for 2021 admission (and will be taking the LSAT at the end of the summer).

I was wondering if anyone knew of any European law programs that are accredited in Canada? If anyone has taken that path, please share your experiences of coming back to Canada and how the process works. Any insight would be really appreciated. 

I will be applying to Canadian law schools, but since my GPA isn't competitive- I was looking into back-ups

This is a big topic, and deserving of huge warnings and caveats. But considering you are obviously just at the early stages of knowing anything at all about this process, start here:

https://nca.legal/

There is an entire section of this forum, here, dedicated to foreign law schools. That's what you're asking about. Also start there. Note that there is no non-Canadian law school "accredited" in Canada. If by that you mean you attend that school and emerge with something that's immediately recognized as a Canadian law degree, it doesn't exist. The NCA is the body you go through to take a foreign law degree and pursue a path that would eventually allow you to become licensed and to practice law in Canada. Though seriously, read the forum and do your research. Just because someone sells you the right to attend their law school doesn't mean there's a legal career at the end of the road.

• Like 2

On 6/14/2020 at 6:17 PM, infinite226 said:

I'm currently doing an Honours BSc degree in Ontario, and want to apply for law schools for 2021 admission (and will be taking the LSAT at the end of the summer).

I was wondering if anyone knew of any European law programs that are accredited in Canada? If anyone has taken that path, please share your experiences of coming back to Canada and how the process works. Any insight would be really appreciated. 

I will be applying to Canadian law schools, but since my GPA isn't competitive- I was looking into back-ups

There are no non-Canadian law schools that accredited in Canada. 

Going to a foreign law school as a back up to Canadian law school is a well trodden path. It works out for some people, and not others, in terms of actually becoming a practicing lawyer in Canada in a industry/field that they actually want to be working in.

Back up options are back ups for a reason. I would concentrate on doing well on the LSAT and getting the best GPA you can, and then re-assesses where you might go to law school.  

On 6/14/2020 at 5:17 PM, infinite226 said:

What is your GPA, L2 and B2 so far?

The OP has not signed in since June. I doubt that a reply will be coming.

• Like 1