lawschool1011

Help with PS and Resume/CV

Hello!

Would anybody be willing to edit my personal statement(s), and CV/Resume (in terms of format etc.). Any type of help would be much appreciated. I would generally get some help from a university's resource center, but I graduated back in 2018 :(

Thanks!

I wouldn’t send those details to strangers on the internet...you never know if someone is sharing your essays and/or similar advice/edits with other applicants and you don’t want to be caught for plagiarism. 

Hey hey! I work for a career services dept in my university! I'd be happy to take a look! Or if you aren't comfortable sending those documents to a stranger (understandable) I can send you some resource sheets with advice about formatting resumes, CV's, writing a good PS, etc that we use with our students :) PM me!

• Like 3

I'm not as familiar with CVs as PSs, but you are always welcome to message me about your PS and I'd be happy to go over it for you :) 

i have the same question.

what is actually worth to mention in the CV for application? it can't be the whole life job experiences....

it is kind of duplicate from the sketch as well.

also for example if you run your own business, worth to mentioned the project ?

skills or experience relate to law??

any inputs or format that can share is great thanks

On 10/1/2020 at 1:20 AM, many2021 said:

i have the same question.

what is actually worth to mention in the CV for application? it can't be the whole life job experiences....

it is kind of duplicate from the sketch as well.

also for example if you run your own business, worth to mentioned the project ?

skills or experience relate to law??

any inputs or format that can share is great thanks

If you have quite a bit of professional experience then, no, don't put everything on your CV. Put what's relevant. 

When deciding what's relevant, see if the job translated to potentially transferable skills (I think you can argue most jobs will). Something as simple as working in the restaurant industry and developing great customer-service can translate into you being patient and understanding with clients down the line. Something like running your own business is something I would definitely include (it shows initiative and, if you're interested in doing business law, substantive knowledge). 

You don't need to show law-specific skills or experiences. Many candidates go to law school with no prior legal experience. 

Generally, your CV can be structured something like: 

• Education
  • Work Experience
  • Extracurriculars
  • Recognitions
  • Languages
  • Personal Interests. 

For more on structure, you can check out: https://lifelivewithgrace.com/how-to-write-a-legal-cv/

• Thanks 1