lawstudent0088

Chances of Getting Off Waitlist?

Hi,

I was put on waitlist during April 30th and was wondering what others thought of my chances of getting accepted before the July deadline! 

My stats are:

Cgpa: 3.66

L2/B2: 3.82

LSAT: 161 

Filled out Part B

I understand no one would be able to tell me for certain. Osgoode has been my number one choice so it’s been a nerve wracking wait. Any opinions/thoughts welcome! 

Thank you. :) 

Have you been accepted anywhere else? If you're able to stay on the waitlist past July, there might be a higher chance!

Just now, Husns said:

Have you been accepted anywhere else? If you're able to stay on the waitlist past July, there might be a higher chance!

Yes! I was accepted first round at Queens, Western and Windsor. Ultimately, I provisionally accepted at Queens!

Posted (edited)

I am in the same situation. personally do not think we are getting off. if you refer to Facebook group, it is at 286 members, which might not be a great indicator, but it is something. congratulations on queens it is a great school! 

Edited by jatthopefullawyer

20 minutes ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

I am in the same situation. personally do not think we are getting off. if you refer to Facebook group, it is at 286 members, which might not be a great indicator, but it is something. congratulations on queens it is a great school! 

I noticed that too! I believe there are a few upper year students in the group, alongside those who have been accepted for a deferral, so there may be a few seats left. But that is wishful thinking lol. But thank you! :)

• Like 1

Congrats on queens. In  a much worse situation than you. No accepted offer so far, only 3 wait-listed from u of t, osgoode and western. Not hear from queens yet. Lsat 164, gpa 3.68. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lawstudent0088 said:

Hi,

I was put on waitlist during April 30th and was wondering what others thought of my chances of getting accepted before the July deadline! 

My stats are:

Filled out Part B

I understand no one would be able to tell me for certain. Osgoode has been my number one choice so it’s been a nerve wracking wait. Any opinions/thoughts welcome! 

I'm in the same boat! Provisionally accepted Queens, but Osgoode is my first choice. But hey, if neither of us get off the waitlist for Osgoode, I guess I'll see you at Queens! Best of luck to both of us 🙂

42 minutes ago, ppzz said:

Congrats on queens. In  a much worse situation than you. No accepted offer so far, only 3 wait-listed from u of t, osgoode and western. Not hear from queens yet. Lsat 164, gpa 3.68. 

I’m definitely very thankful and grateful for the acceptances I received this year. ☺️ I hope you hear good news soon! It seems that this year has been a lot slower than the last.  I see that you scored a 164 on the January’s LSAT which may be the reason for the delay, I wrote my LSAT last year!

42 minutes ago, ChiasticWalrus said:

I'm in the same boat! Provisionally accepted Queens, but Osgoode is my first choice. But hey, if neither of us get off the waitlist for Osgoode, I guess I'll see you at Queens! Best of luck to both of us 🙂

Wow, congrats! Maybe we’ll both get off the waitlist before July ☺️ If not, I’m sure Queen’s will be really amazing and we’ll both enjoy it a lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good luck everyone! I'm on the Osgoode waitlist, and praying for an acceptance from Queen's at the moment..

23 hours ago, Husns said:

Good luck everyone! I'm on the Osgoode waitlist, and praying for an acceptance from Queen's at the moment..

I hope you hear back soon! There hasn’t been any movement in the Queens Facebook group in a while so they’ll probably do a batch of acceptances soon. 

On 6/9/2020 at 8:15 PM, SamSam1995 said:

On the same boat as yall with provisionally accepting queens :D

Wishing luck for all of us!

@ChiasticWalrus @SamSam1995

Have any of you started looking into housing? I really wanted a 1 bedroom but it seems Kingston is rather pricey and there are not a lot of units available at this time of year. I’m a bit hesitant on signing any leases on units I like but I also know signing one after July 2nd is really risky... 

I'm in the same boat too! Provisionally accepted Ottawa, waiting for Queens. If I were to get accepted to Queens, I would def be excited. However, Osgoode is my dream school ❤️ 

On 6/9/2020 at 12:57 PM, lawstudent0088 said:

Hi,

My stats are:

Filled out Part B

Is 161 your only score?

8 minutes ago, Luckycharm said:

Is 161 your only score?

I wrote once before that! I scored a 159 and then a 161. My PT scores were much higher, but anxiety+stress really took over the day of. 😥 I was considering a year off to rewrite since my potential is much higher. However, since I’ve gotten accepted to a good law school, I feel as though it wouldn’t be the best decision. 

1 hour ago, legallyillegal said:

I'm in the same boat too! Provisionally accepted Ottawa, waiting for Queens. If I were to get accepted to Queens, I would def be excited. However, Osgoode is my dream school ❤️ 

I wish you good luck!! Ottawa is also an amazing school. :)

• Like 1