Posted (edited)

https://law.uwo.ca/future_students/jd_admissions/admissions_FAQ/firstyear_applicants.html

When are offers of admission made?
It is our practice to make offers from late November to mid-March, after which we wait until admitted students respond to their offers (on or before April 1, the deadline set by OLSAS). After April 1, when we know how many spots are still available, additional offers are made on a smaller scale on a rolling basis until the class is filled, usually by the end of May.

If I do not receive an offer of admission, when I am likely to find out?
You are likely to receive notice that we were unable to offer you a position sometime between February and June.

Is a Waitlist created?
A waitlist is typically created in May.

Does this mean at this point you will be rejected if neither accepted nor wait-listed?

Thanks.

Edited by NeverGiveUp
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, losinghope said:

So after June 1st, only those on the waitlist might get in?

I am not sure but looks like it is.

I hope I am wrong though.

1 hour ago, NeverGiveUp said:

I am not sure but looks like it is.

I hope I am wrong though.

I recieved an email this morning asking me to consider firmly accepting my offer, as I have only provisionally.  It ended by saying 

"On the other hand, if you are certain that you wish to attend Western Law this Fall and you are simply letting your provisional acceptance transition automatically to a firm acceptance on July 2, 2020, we are writing to kindly ask you to log in to the OLSAS portal and change your provisional acceptance to a firm acceptance before that date. This helps us (and all law schools) make decisions about your peers on our waitlist earlier rather than later, since our assessment of the likelihood of additional positions in the class is based primarily on the ratio of firm vs. provisional acceptances among our admitted students."

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, ShanMan said:

I recieved an email this morning asking me to consider firmly accepting my offer, as I have only provisionally.  It ended by saying 

"On the other hand, if you are certain that you wish to attend Western Law this Fall and you are simply letting your provisional acceptance transition automatically to a firm acceptance on July 2, 2020, we are writing to kindly ask you to log in to the OLSAS portal and change your provisional acceptance to a firm acceptance before that date. This helps us (and all law schools) make decisions about your peers on our waitlist earlier rather than later, since our assessment of the likelihood of additional positions in the class is based primarily on the ratio of firm vs. provisional acceptances among our admitted students."

Thanks for the update.

This confirms that the future acceptances will be drew from the waitlist.

Is anyone still in "Applied" status?

Edited by NeverGiveUp

19 minutes ago, ShanMan said:

I can confirm, I got the same email too 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jatthopefullawyer said:

I can confirm, I got the same email too 

Are you still waiting for other schools?

On 6/10/2020 at 3:18 PM, NeverGiveUp said:

Forgot people with deferred decision.

Western stated that they will get back to these people (I was one) latest June 6th.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, qwerty123456789 said:

Western stated that they will get back to these people (I was one) latest June 6th.

So does that mean people still with "Applied" status eventually will be rejected?

1 minute ago, NeverGiveUp said:

So does that mean people still with "Applied" status eventually will be rejected?

I really have no idea to be honest (first time applying). I went from being deferred to on the waitlist (CGPA 3.38 L2 3.79, LSAT 161)

• Thanks 1

I have had 'deferred decision' under my western application for almost two months now and I'm getting annoyed. I have only hear a definitive decision back from one school, actually, and have heard nothing from the other four. I would rather they just reject me than make me wait this long! It's kind of ridiculous that I have not been even rejected or waitlisted anywhere.

Applied = you're done. It's time to move forward and prepare for next cycle. 

Admin doesnt manually reject each one on a rolling basis. All the rejections will come at once. 

17 hours ago, hmyo said:

Applied = you're done. It's time to move forward and prepare for next cycle. 

Admin doesnt manually reject each one on a rolling basis. All the rejections will come at once. 

I guess you are right. But would it be better if they send out all rejections earlier, like UofT?

• Like 1

UofT just does things different because they're UofT. Even their grading is different.

I say this as someone who was rejected by Western before getting in the next cycle. Like all of you, during my wait I tried to cling onto different explanations as to why my status hasn't changed. I kept calling admin frequently in June/July/August- so much so that Nanette knew me immediately by my voice and was able to tell me nothing has changed. I posted here for encouragement, and just focused on the messages saying "you never know", "maybe we'll get there".

Perhaps COVID has changed the way at which admin does things, but I've had the luxury to look back on this process for the past four years now and the pattern is largely the same. If you havent heard back by now, you are likely rejected. Obviously, nothing is impossible, but at some point, it's better to work on your app for next cycle. Perhaps you need consider enrolling into another year of school before next semester's deadline if your GPA is borderline. Or if you're lucky to get another offer, jump on that if there's a deadline to accept. Western is probably not in the cards now. 

• Like 1

has anyone been accepted off the waitlist? I was waitlisted beginning of April and freaking out since we're getting so close to firm acceptance deadline. I have provisionally accepted another school but Western is my top choice :( 

42 minutes ago, scaredtbh said:

has anyone been accepted off the waitlist? I was waitlisted beginning of April and freaking out since we're getting so close to firm acceptance deadline. I have provisionally accepted another school but Western is my top choice :( 

Same Boat!!!