bmwman

HELP! Summer Courses L2/B2 Calculation

Hi everyone!

I really need some help/guidance here. Does anyone know of any L2/B2 focused schools that include summer courses in the L2/B2 calculation. 

In my 3rd year I have taken 8 courses plus 2 summer courses.

In my 4th year I plan to take 3 summer courses and 7 fall/winter courses.

I will most likely receive an A in all of these courses, but I just want to make sure I can actually apply these grades because my 1st/2nd year GPA is only around a B.

Edited by bmwman

20 minutes ago, bmwman said:

Hi everyone!

I really need some help/guidance here. Does anyone know of any L2/B2 focused schools that include summer courses in the L2/B2 calculation. 

In my 3rd year I have taken 8 courses plus 2 summer courses.

In my 4th year I plan to take 3 summer courses and 7 fall/winter courses.

I will most likely receive an A in all of these courses, but I just want to make sure I can actually apply these grades because my 1st/2nd year GPA is only around a B.

Which law schools will you apply? The best way of calculating your L2/B2 academic records is to contact law schools that you are currently considering. For law schools, the ways of calculating L2/B2 GPA may vary. For example, Queen's law will not even look at your summer courses when it calculates your B2 GPA. In contrast, as far as I know, uAlberta law will consider your summer courses when it calculates your L2 GPA.

1 hour ago, ArchivesandMuseums said:

Which law schools will you apply? The best way of calculating your L2/B2 academic records is to contact law schools that you are currently considering. For law schools, the ways of calculating L2/B2 GPA may vary. For example, Queen's law will not even look at your summer courses when it calculates your B2 GPA. In contrast, as far as I know, uAlberta law will consider your summer courses when it calculates your L2 GPA.

I will apply to Windsor, uAlberta, Lakehead, TRU, Western and Ryerson

1 minute ago, bmwman said:

I will apply to Windsor, uAlberta, Lakehead, TRU, Western and Ryerson

Windsor law will look at your entire academic records, although it will certainly recognize a high L2 GPA.

I am not sure about how Western law will consider summer courses and calculate applicants' L2 GPA. Western law will value a high LSAT score.

No idea of Lakehead, TRU, and Ryerson. These three schools are commonly regarded as law schools that have holistic admission policies.

Good luck! 

20 minutes ago, ArchivesandMuseums said:

Windsor law will look at your entire academic records, although it will certainly recognize a high L2 GPA.

I am not sure about how Western law will consider summer courses and calculate applicants' L2 GPA. Western law will value a high LSAT score.

No idea of Lakehead, TRU, and Ryerson. These three schools are commonly regarded as law schools that have holistic admission policies.

Good luck! 

Thank you! Are you aware of any other L2 schools that take in to account summer courses?

1 minute ago, bmwman said:

Thank you! Are you aware of any other L2 schools that take in to account summer courses?

I know that uCalgary law and Dalhousie law will consider L2 GPA, but I do not have any idea of whether the two law schools will endorse summer courses or not in regard to calculating L2 GPA.

uSaskatchewan law will look at B2 GPA, but I do not know how it will consider summer courses.

So, I advise you to contact law schools in which you have an interest.

On 6/7/2020 at 3:37 PM, ArchivesandMuseums said:

I know that uCalgary law and Dalhousie law will consider L2 GPA, but I do not have any idea of whether the two law schools will endorse summer courses or not in regard to calculating L2 GPA.

uSaskatchewan law will look at B2 GPA, but I do not know how it will consider summer courses.

So, I advise you to contact law schools in which you have an interest.

Thanks for your reply!!! Apparently both consider summer courses in B2/L2, however I am unsure if they would consider my Year 4 Winter semester grades if I am applying in my Year 4 fall semester or if I should wait until I fully graduate then apply..  

Edited by bmwman